Honored Contributor

Re: I Cannot believe I've gotten THREE WORN items this week that were FULL PRICE!!!

QVC most definitely sends out returned items as new. Anyone who thinks they do not is fooled. If you get one of the tickets that says "Opened at random and checked for quality" can be assured you have just received a returned item. I have also received clothing and accessory items that are balled up and mailed out. One year during the holiday season I received a return candle item that still had the sticky label stating "this does not work" stuck on it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I Cannot believe I've gotten THREE WORN items this week that were FULL PRICE!!!

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just received a pair of How Comfy pants, same material as Dream Jeannes.  They were neatly folded with tissue.  They were "as is".  I examined them closely but they appeared to be pristine.  I find it hard to believe items are waded up and thrown in a bag.  In 25 years of shopping, I've never received anything like that.  I think people here exaggerate for effect.

You have been fortunate. Try playing the lottery. 

Respected Contributor

I am so glad I read these posts.

My issue is being sent the wrong size, color, etc. in a plastic bag that states the correct size and color, it's maddening.

Honored Contributor

Corporations cutting costs left and right except the people in charge should keep quality control personnel on the payroll and those who repackage and inspect returns to insure these mistakes are less likely to happen.

Just my two cents worth. Okay I am finished venting! Have a great weekend💙

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

OK... get THIS.  On one order I recevied a top with someone elses return slip taped to it. That is obvious poof that  QVC sends out returns as new items. 

@SeaMaiden

LOL - I believe you!  And why?  Because the same thing happened to me several years ago.

My DH had decided he just had to have a Deni meat slicer.  Don't ask me why!  He seldom does roasts and he never uses slices for sandwiches.  (And it cost $100....we're not running a restaurant.)

Anyway, I ordered it because he asked me to and, when it arrived, I knew immediately it had been used.  And there, in the box, was the return slip with the guy's address and customer information (back in the days when they didn't block any of that out), along with his reason for return.

I called CS, got an immediate apology, was told it should "never happen" and to dispose of it however I wished.  I asked her what about the poor guy's refund?  Would she ensure he got that?  She said she would and would send an immediate replacement to me.

The irony?  The customer who returned it lives only a few miles down the road from me (rural area)!  How in the world did they manage that?  I almost went to his house to advise him of what happened, but I didn't know him personally, so I let it go.

And the dang thing is still sitting in my basement, along with the replacement one which my DH has never, ever used!!!  Smiley Mad

Someday I'm going to get rid of them both!  (The meat slicers, not the DH.)

Honored Contributor

I would expect QVC to send out returns in new, unused condition.  Do you think Macy's or Dillard's thrown out every garment a customer tries?  Their merchandise may be tried on over and over multiple times.  As long as Q's items are in new condition, I don't care.  We wouldn't get many waitlist things if they didn't send out returns.  I've had literally hundreds of garment orders and have never received a thing that looked used or worn.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just received a pair of How Comfy pants, same material as Dream Jeannes.  They were neatly folded with tissue.  They were "as is".  I examined them closely but they appeared to be pristine.  I find it hard to believe items are waded up and thrown in a bag.  In 25 years of shopping, I've never received anything like that.  I think people here exaggerate for effect.

And you are WRONG as evidenced by people who have had WORN items sent to them. It HAPPENS a lot.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia your post cracked me up! Get rid of both of them! (DH and the slicer!) LOL

I recently received a Linea item that was labeled a Small but was really a Large! It turns out it was a return --square label on plastic bag. C/S apologized and sent me anothe Small via UPS 2 day shipping. I returned the 1st one with their label. The 2nd one arrived and guess what? That too was a mislabeled a Large!

This time C/S would not send me out a 3rd one until the warehouse checks the remaining Smalls for an actual Small!

Believe me, it's a hassle! Especially when it happens twice! Both items will be returned with notes on the garments and the bags saying they are Larges!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

There is no way that QVC should allow used shoes to be returned. I don't care if there is a '30 day money back guarantee'. The customer wants to try them on, make sure that they're walking on a rug to check for fit, comfort, sizing, etc. If there is any sign of wear what-so-ever, back they go to the customer and no refund. Except for one particular style of Denim & Co pants, I have given up ordering clothing and shoes from QVC, due to inconsistent sizing. Too much money wasted on shipping clothing/shoes back for refund, and nothing to show for it

Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

Corporations cutting costs left and right except the people in charge should keep quality control personnel on the payroll and those who repackage and inspect returns to insure these mistakes are less likely to happen.

Just my two cents worth. Okay I am finished venting! Have a great weekend💙

Back in 2008 I ordered from Denim & Co. a pair of capri pants.  They arrived having a

stretched out waist band which looked like the article was worn previously.  It seems like it still is happening at QVC even though their quality conrol back in 2008 was far better than it is today.  Shame on you QVC for treating your customers like garbage.