Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Bet We Are In For a Shock Come Fall

@Icegoddess - With the amount of backup, who knows? Maybe we'll be seeing some of the clothing they wanted to sell us at the end of last year...  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

and everyone wants to pay $50 for PJ's after tax and shipping it almost seems that is the cost...

@happilyretiredgirl I just bought a 3 pc PJ set from Kohls reg. $40 for $23.80 no S/H and no tax since it was Back to School tax-free weekend.  Who knows if I'll ever wear the shorts, but who cares at that price.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 Today alone, there have been no less than 5 sleep sets/pj's, whatever they want to call them. That's starting with Leah this morning and going through Fashion's Night In. No, I did not watch all those presentations. I just check the items recently on air. Sweet dreams!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc    Makes sense to me.  There's a large mall about a quarter mile from my front door.  Nordstrom, Apostrophe, Banana Republic, Chico's, Soma, Macy's, Talbots, Bloomies, Saks, and much more!  I haven't been tempted to buy much at all anywhere for months on end.

I have lots of clothes already - I can wear clearance or thrift without spending anything!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@

Haha, so we'll be seeing summer clothing in September?   Stock up for next year or great layering pieces.

@Icegoddess    Exactly!  Most of what we've seen all summer is hot French terry with long sleeves. I've already bought my fall/winter wardrobe pieces on clearance from summer stock.  Still in plastic bags packed away for October.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Wrote:

At least we know there will be no pajama shortage.  QVC must have enough squirrelled away to accommodate the whole world.  They just keep coming....

..and Shawn has worn all of them..or will as they arrive...

Esteemed Contributor

I found the link to the news story I mentioned; the first part seems a bit different from what I remember (what I watched seemed to focus a lot more on the supply chain and incoming product). I'm not sure where all these deep discounts are occurring, but it's interesting to ponder—hopefully some fellow forum users will find the great deals they're referencing, and it sounds like there's more to come!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/retail-sales-supply-chain-discounts/

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc , I remember hearing something about that a couple of weeks ago.  The other reason was that stores had stocked up on items that were popular during the pandemic, but, turns out, the customer has moved on from pandemic clothing.  Well, except the QVC customer I guess.

Target was one of the stores, although when I shpped there last week, I only bought one thing on sale.  I was hoping to get some new workout wear on sale, but also, not so.  The item on sale was some flared leg leggings for $21, but they needed hemming.  So, I spent 2 days re-learning how to get a proper cover-stitch to work on my serger so I wouldn't have to pay for hemming.  

Honored Contributor

It would be nice if its true about the pj/lounge wear items being over stocked in all the stores and home shopping channels if they would donate to homeless, women & rehab centers.  Those places are always in need of such items.  The business can write it off taxes as a loss.

Its a win win for all.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

I got a couple sleeveless maxi dresses ...that was about it....