Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hurricane Ida Effects Shipping

I have received notification from 2 online stores that Ida will be effecting shipping in all states effected by Hurricane Ida. This means from/to destinations.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hurricane Ida Effects Shipping

Sounds like it may be a long time until roads are cleared and, in some cases even rebuilt, in Louisiana for starters. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Ida's supposed to come through here on Wednesday and drop as much as 6" of rain before heading up I-95 to NYC and beyond.

Respected Contributor

Here in east central Pa., we're to get posssibly 4"- 6" of rain with locally up to 8" of rain. What does that even mean? Anyhow, I am surrounded by distribution centers and warehouses due to being near major highways.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

Here in east central Pa., we're to get posssibly 4"- 6" of rain with locally up to 8" of rain. What does that even mean? Anyhow, I am surrounded by distribution centers and warehouses due to being near major highways.

@catter70 That is a lot of rain!  2"-4" of rain here can cause flodding.  Warehouse can be neraby, but usually trucks do routes (they don't come out just for your package), but with the flooding, it is hard to drive and load and unload packages.  Amazon, which delivers every day to my building, when it delivers under heavy rain, the boxes may be soaked all the way through so that they are melted.  Or they may be a day late.  The post office does a lot worse.  A lot of my QVC packages arrive with broken or open boxes, even when it s dry.  If the items inside are fine, no harm, no foul.