Honored Contributor

Re: How was Joy Mangano on QVC?

On 1/27/2015 Hibi said:
On 1/24/2015 LuvmyYorkie said: Didn't she also have some sort of bakery box, too, while at QVC?

Yes, I remember that folding bakery box. She doesn't seem to sell that anymore...I remember the folding jewelry kits too........

Piatta box to carry cakes, pies, cupcakes. It folded neatly for storage. I didn't buy one. Did buy roly kits, mop, jewelry box--no longer own any of these items, but that was years ago. Love her hangers though.

Trusted Contributor

Joy was on the Q waaayy back. She had a food carrier called the Piatto Bakery Box. It was collapsible and had an insert that could be put in to carry more than one item in the same unit. My mom got one and I think she still has it.

Honored Contributor

She reminds me of a carnival barker. I have her hangers-- that's it. I like Lori Greiner and her products better.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

She definitely was on QVC and yes she was selling those rolly Polly storage cases.
Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Jackielee said:

Read ,about a month ago, that they've made a movie about her but not sure when it's coming out.

Was just about to post this. My son told me yesterday that Jennifer Lawrence will be playing her.

Can a Lori Grenier movie be far behind?

link for info on the movie Joy

ETA that we have the Silver Lining Playbook cast: Lawrence, Cooper and De Niro.

Honored Contributor

I remember and she was loud and annoying...nothing has changed.

Honored Contributor

She did start out with the mop, and then roly kits of various kinds, the Piatta bakery box and jewelry boxes. I bet QVC wishes she had stayed on when she came up with the hangers. They have sold many millions on HSN. She wasn't as loud on QVC, but neither were the hosts on QVC at that time. For some reason, I don't mind watching her on HSN--don't find her as annoying as some QVC vendors and hosts. I also like her products (especially the hangers) more than I like (trust) Lori Greiner's items. Just my feeling. Now she makes/sells everything including luggage, handbags, pillows, sheet sets, room deodorizers, etc. etc. Also, can't forget her "little steamer" and many other items for storage. I think her role at HSN is more than a vendor. Like her or not, she has done well.

Regular Contributor

I remember Joy Mangano when she was on QVC. I purchased my first set of Huggable Hangers from her here on QVC. Every purchase of those hangers since that time has been on HSN, though.