Respected Contributor

How to acknowledge specific posters in an answer

I noticed that you can acknowledge specific posters in an answer.  When it appears, it appears in blue and looks like this @Culebra.  How do I do this?

Super Contributor

Re: How to acknowledge specific posters in an answer

@culebra wrote:

@I noticed that you can acknowledge specific posters in an answer.  When it appears, it appears in blue and looks like this @culebra.  How do I do this?

Hi @culebra

@When you use the @ symbol then the option to add the nickname for the Community member appears.  You must type it exactly as it is shown within the Community.

Try my name if you want to test.  Keyai-QVC

Valued Contributor

@Keyai hi keyai,

i wanted to check, so hi, & thanks. and i hope you & everyone at "qvc" has a very happy easter.

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

@I noticed that you can acknowledge specific posters in an answer.  When it appears, it appears in blue and looks like this @culebra.  How do I do this?

@culebra  You don't even have to type the name at all.  Just click "reply" under that person's post (you can include the "quote" or not.  A list of posters will come up and that person's nic will be at the top of the list.......you only have to click on it, and.......voila, it appears in your reply!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@culebra wrote:

Hi @culebra

@When you use the @ symbol then the option to add the nickname for the Community member appears.  You must type it exactly as it is shown within the Community.

Try my name if you want to test.  Keyai-QVC

@Keyai

2blonde is correct.  You do not need to type the name.  Once you type the "@" symbol, this crops up.....

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at Tue, Mar 22, 2016-4.11.09 PM.png

At least that is the way it works on a Mac.  To be honest, not sure if the same works on mobile devices and/or Microsoft software comps.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Hi @Mz iMac & @2blonde

You are correct, the @ mention feature will list a few of the names that are already in the conversation so you don't need to type the name in. Thank you for adding that tip.

If you start a new discussion you would need to know the exact spelling for the person you wish to notify.

Thank you both for adding your comments to help Culebra (and anyone else reading this thread) use the @ mention feature. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the new forums.

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@culebra wrote:

@culebra  You don't even have to type the name at all.  Just click "reply" under that person's post (you can include the "quote" or not.  A list of posters will come up and that person's nic will be at the top of the list.......you only have to click on it, and.......voila, it appears in your reply!

@This works only if the person has replied to the thread.  Otherwise you have to type in the poster's name and as Keyai mentioned, it must be exactly correct.  For instance for me, @Pearlee wouldn't be right because it needs a capital "P" as in my nic name.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the thread and the answers. I was wondering the same thing.