Respected Contributor

Re: How much Holiday Gourmet can One Take?

@chessylady yes I'm the same - supporting my local businesses!

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, I don't mind the Holiday Gourmet shows because I don't watch them.....just switch over when a commercial is playing on another show I'm watching. 

I can't stand some of the hosts on those shows anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Come on now.....the OP just wanted to make a point. No need to make snarky comments. That's just not cool. She said she noticed there was a lot of gourmet holiday shows. I noticed the same thing, and thought what are all these food shows doing? There's no holiday coming up. How many people really buy their food? Still, it's her opinion, and no need to jump on her. We are ALL entitled to our opinions. It's called a FORUM. 

@Effie54  Right. We are ALL entitled to our opinions.

That's true....and that means no one should be ragging on the OP! 

Honored Contributor

Am pretty tired of the food shows-----so don't watch much.  Seems like its the same ole same, ole stuff--- altho the round hot dogs kind of intrigued me---but I got over it---and a whole flipping day of popcorn made me scream after the 1st 5 minutes of going thru the history of popcorn. That show subject  needs to be quarantined and double masked for awhile.

Super Contributor

I don't mind the food shows in moderation, I just to laugh at the ridiculously high prices. Most of the baked items can be made so much cheaper. 

I wonder if they will ever eat the food again, once the pandemic is controlled, hopefully it will be some day. 

Honored Contributor

Not even sure what holiday there is. Memorial Day??

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Not even sure what holiday there is. Memorial Day??

@AuntG 

Hi, with QVC's delays in shipping and arrival...that sounds about right to get the order in time for Memorial Day 😉😄.....

Of course there's a plethora of other holidays too--

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC may listen and respond to comments about shipping problems and who to pair with a certain vendor but profit is the bottom line for QVC not necessarily what posters here want. I imagine that the number of posters who write to QVC and complain about the schedule is a very small percentage of the QVC customer base. If the gourmet food shows weren't contributing to the sales of food they wouldn't be having 5 hours of these shows. I haven't watched a gourmet food show in years but then I haven't watched QVC since I turned it on last Sunday and they spent the day selling an expensive mattress in a box.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Come on now.....the OP just wanted to make a point. No need to make snarky comments. That's just not cool. She said she noticed there was a lot of gourmet holiday shows. I noticed the same thing, and thought what are all these food shows doing? There's no holiday coming up. How many people really buy their food? Still, it's her opinion, and no need to jump on her. We are ALL entitled to our opinions. It's called a FORUM. 

@Effie54 You missed my point. Oh well...

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 You missed my point. Oh well...

No, I did not.