Respected Contributor

How many pairs of shoes does Jane "own"

Yesterday Jane was doing another show event. She stated that she owns the pair she had on and the next style that came up she said she had a friend ordering (because she was working) two pairs for her.

Are the show host's not allowed to order before they come on air? My guess is yes they are, the I own these and am having someone else order for me right now ploy is to get us the viewer to think WOW she owns these so I should buy them. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many pairs of shoes does Jane ""own""

at one time they use to say they could not order till after the show....seems that has changed as some of them order during their show..so it could be a selling tactic...

Jane seems to own many pairs of shoes while Carolyn owns a lot of D&co.....if that makes them happy.....

Valued Contributor

the "ordering" is a sales tatic, If they order it, you will order it. I work with a nurse that has (no kidding) 200 pairs of shoes!!!! I on the other hand have 60 handbags, it is my "thing"

Respected Contributor

On 6/13/2014 ssssgirl said:

the "ordering" is a sales tatic, If they order it, you will order it. I work with a nurse that has (no kidding) 200 pairs of shoes!!!! I on the other hand have 60 handbags, it is my "thing"

I have lots of shoes too, I just think it is hilarious that they think just because they own everything that we should run to our phones and order.

Marketing is such an evil necessity.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

On 6/13/2014 golfcartrider said:
On 6/13/2014 ssssgirl said:

I have lots of shoes too, I just think it is hilarious that they think just because they own everything that we should run to our phones and order.

Marketing is such an evil necessity.

I know, it is silly isn"t it? One would think that most "mature" women can make up their own minds about what to buy, but evidently, some need others to tell them what they want, because the marketing works.

Super Contributor

I'm sure a lot of people own a lot of shoes. I would if I could afford it. I would have a room as a closet.

Super Contributor

Most of the tactics are so transparent, I wonder if they really work or who do they work on? I don't care if the item is going to be gone or if 4,000 just sold or if Host wants it. What rubbish.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps she's added a wing, you know, just for shoes and, of course, gifts for all possible occasions and all potential recipients...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}On 6/13/2014 stevieb said:

Perhaps she's added a wing, you know, just for shoes and, of course, gifts for all possible occasions and all potential recipients...

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Love it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

I don't pay attention or care about the sales spiel of any show host.

JMO, whatever any show host says, it is done to push the buy button of the viewers.

Hey, the show hosts have to do & say anything to make the sales in order to keep their jobs.