Esteemed Contributor

How long can you leave something in your cart?

I am in the market for a few new sweaters and I love Louis Dell'Olio's Whisper knit. I put a turtleneck in 'my cart' and was going to keep watching for anything else I liked, but I was afraid that if I didn't 'buy it' that I would lose it if it sold out.

I remember that happening to me last year. I was watching a one hour Denim & Co show.... putting things in my cart to make an outfit and something sold out and poof it was gone from my cart before then end of the show...

Respected Contributor

Re: How long can you leave something in your cart?

Putting an item in your cart apparently does not reserve that item for you. I have had the same experience with trying to put several pieces together, and then an item sells out before I am ready to checkout and it's no longer available. Sometimes people cancel right away and your size and color will show available again within a few minutes. I have been lucky to get an item that way, but not often. 

I think the Facebook sneak peeks on popular items can add to a quick sell out. I don't follow the vendors or hosts on Facebook, but they often will say "...well, this is going fast because so many people shopped the show early." 

Esteemed Contributor

Items stay in your cart for one hour.  If you have not decided by then, cancel it and immediately add it to your cart again and that will give you another hour to decide.  This has never failed me.

Respected Contributor

Putting it in your cart does not reserve it for you!!  It goes through the same inventory search when you finally buy it, even 5 min later, I know because the Merrill shoes I wanted and were still available, gave me the message, "Do you want waitlist."  

Honored Contributor

I think putting something in your cart does reserve it...for one hour.  I've never lost an item even though it has sold out.  I had that happen repeatedly during the clearance sale Monday.  Everything I chose remained in my cart although there were sellouts galore.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The items are reserved for me - and you can make it last longer than an hour by adding other things and taking them out of your cart. I've found the hour re-starts again.  It all las to do with your cart being inactive for an hour - then it gets emptied.  If you keep it active for a longer period the things stay reserved in it.  That's been my experience.   @Biftu, that's how I've held onto some As Is pieces for you and others.   Keep adding to and taking things out of my cart before an hour is up to start the hour clock again.

We LOGO ladies know that things in our carts are reserved.    LOGO items can sell out very quickly, but if we are interested in an item and want to wait to see its presentation on air to decide about it, we put it in our carts just before the show starts and it is reserved for an hour until just before the show ends, even though the item has sold out.  It's worked for me many times.

Respected Contributor

It seems we have had mixed experiences. I too have put an item in my cart, looked at another item and then tried to buy, all within 5 minutes, and the item was now only available on waitlist. If this always works for others, great, but that has not been my experience. I have never bought LOGO but have had this happen with IM and D&C. I guess I should look at their FAQs to see if this is explained. And yes, if the cart stays inactive for an hour, the cart empties and those items move to the save for later list. That at least seems to be the case for all of us. Interesting topic; this might be a good question for the customer care forum.

Respected Contributor

I called Customer Service and asked for clarification. The online counter of items in inventory is a bit behind the real-time count that customer service reps are able to access. So sometimes shopping online we hit the zone where the online counter is behind, showing an item available, when in fact it has just been a sell out. So when you wait a few minutes searching for something else, the counter catches up and now you get the waitlist message or you have trouble checking out and have to restart. That explains why sometimes when I try to use the express checkout feature, it gives me an error message. The CS also said that when you put an item in your cart it is reserved for a few minutes, about the time it takes to immediately check out. After that you take your chances. And the cart is set to empty after an hour. I hope I have explained this well.