Super Contributor

Re: How long are QVC and HSN going to continue showing replays of prior shows?

What I don't understand is why they added two more channels and then play reruns frequently on the new channels and reruns for at least a third of the time on the original channel.  Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

Once they went to this new format, I doubted that they would ever go back to 24/7 live.  Those days are gone forever, IMHO.  What I don't understand is why they don't go back to just a single channel.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have come to the same conclusions as other posters. These questions are some of the reasons I watch so little of QVC.

**Why have so many channels, when they are showing  reruns of past shows so much of the time?

**Why so many items presented repeatedly?? Not only shown on different real time shows, but then on reruns too.

**Why so many hosts??? They are obviously not needed and I hate the co-host/social secretary idea.  Absolutely no reason for any host - or anyone for that matter - to have that job.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If QVC is following the lead of HSN....I think they should also check the results of HSN's philosophy....HSN was tanking financially and thats why the company was sold in the first place.....While true they may save money up front for now in salaries for hosts and production personnel and benefits, but how will this impact their sales results ?????...

To me it just adds to the ALREADY REPETITIVE  repetitiveness of programs/products which are making  current customers turn the channel, and certainly not attracting new ones..... Sales and revenues have been declining and I dont see how this is gonna help that area....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Shouldn’t they have thought of this cost saving measure before hiring new hosts...Ali Carr, Terri Conn, Courtney Webb and Katrina Szish (excuse spelling if wrong). So they are hired and work mostly one hour from 1 am to 2 am. Great gig.

Frequent Contributor

I think shopping channels will be the thing of the past! 

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I think that has become the new normal and it beats paying live bodies who require benefits, which only adds to the cost of the product being consumed.

Replays are an easy way for big business to get out of paying employees.    I wonder how many employees no longer have hours or lost their jobs because of this.  Today's world is all about big business.  The federal govt and lot of states are working hard to reduce worker rights and benefits - including mine.  While it's not illegal, I consider it totally unethical.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I have come to the same conclusions as other posters. These questions are some of the reasons I watch so little of QVC.

**Why have so many channels, when they are showing  reruns of past shows so much of the time?

**Why so many items presented repeatedly?? Not only shown on different real time shows, but then on reruns too.

**Why so many hosts??? They are obviously not needed and I hate the co-host/social secretary idea.  Absolutely no reason for any host - or anyone for that matter - to have that job.

@corita   Amazing we can come up with reasons the "bottom line" suffers, but execs can't figure it out. 

Honored Contributor

I'm noticing the 1AM shows are "NEW"...really? My DVR picks it up, but sometimes it's a repeat, other times not. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart    When regular TV series are repeated, don't actors get paid a small amount? Maybe the hosts DO get a slight portion added to their check each time they re-appear in the middle of the night. If not, they should.