Honored Contributor

Re: How is a long sleeve cardigan a summer essential?

A lightweight sweater in AC or on cooler evenings in the summer, yes, but the hood is throwing me off.  Aren't they used to keep our heads and ears warm in cold weather?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

There's a light green, long length, long sleeve cardigan on the home page today. It's being described as a "summer essential." Is a sweater like this really worn in the heat of summer? If so, where and under what circumstances? It certainly isn't an item I can wear in a Florida.

Updated to add that it has a hood.

Ha Ha!! I live in southeast Florida. Surely you have noticed that QVC markets predominantly for cold to cooler climates. If and when I hit the A/C, I don't need a jacket or sweater here either. It's hit or miss trying to find items I can wear and there is a very narrow buying window as well if I want to shop QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D  It is whatever it needs to be called to create a demand and a sale.  Use your own judgement about it.

Honored Contributor

A lot of places are chilly at night during the summer.... Maine, Montana, Minnesota, and other northern parts of the country.

Super Contributor

Add the entire California coast to that list of chilly places, especially at night and sometimes during the day, year round.  

Respected Contributor

I am sitting with a IM sweatshirt hoodie on. It is 48 degrees at 6:30 am. Will be in the 70s today. I live UP North. We rarely need air conditioning.  I keep the house closed  up during the day and open up at night. A few hot nights but use window fans.

As mentioned alot of people do get chilly with air conditioning   or cool evenings  and some Seniors are always cold.

It just depends on where one lives. My GF in Tx. is often in the 100s . I can understand hot and humid beside and how strange a Hoodie would be to wear. People flock to the North ,but summers are short. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in mid-Michigan. NEVER during the warmer months do I ever want to feel long sleeves.

(Or, for that matter, a hood!)

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and barely wear a sweater in winter let alone summer but offices and movie theaters (remember those) get downright freezing. When I worked I always had a sweatshirt jacket on because the place was so cold. In fact, we would often step outside in 110 plus just to warm up. 

Honored Contributor

I always would bring a cardigan or a light wrap with me no matter where I would go in the summer.  Most places - restaurants, stores, etc. - have air conditioning on very high - and I always end up pulling on my cardigan to warm up a bit.  Plus, when we are in the car, DH loves to have it really cool, so I need one there, too!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

What @AngelPuppy1  said ~ Even tho it's hot and humid here on the plains, all stores and restaurants are chilly.  My hubby keeps the AC in our house too cold for me, so I sometimes wear a light sweatshirt inside my house when it's 95 outside.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt