Honored Contributor

How is a long sleeve cardigan a summer essential?

[ Edited ]

There's a light green, long length, long sleeve cardigan on the home page today. It's being described as a "summer essential." Is a sweater like this really worn in the heat of summer? If so, where and under what circumstances? It certainly isn't an item I can wear in a Florida.

Updated to add that it has a hood.

Honored Contributor

Re: How is a long sleeve cardigan a summer essential?

I have a similar style sweater made out of a light silky knit.  Not hot at all.  I wear it on cooler nights here and up north I wear on boardwalk or whenever we go out.

Its its a staple in my wardrobe.  I wear it all year long!  I bought it a Macy's years ago🙂

Honored Contributor

In the Southwest, places of business have the air conditioning set on FREEZE

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

Hi Mindy, I live in New York where it can also get extremely hot and humid during the summertime. I wear a light sweater, blazer or cardigan at the office because of air conditoner, also if you use public transportation like the subways which can also get very cold because of the air conditioner.  Take care and be safe!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  It depends on where you are located. In my neck of the PNW, it is relatively mild in the 60's and 70's this time of the year-with a few 80's sprinkled in here and there. Lows are fairly consistent in the low to mid fifties-sometimes 40's, so a cardigan on an evening stroll, or when you are on the water is a must.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

I've seen it snow in the Rockies every month of the summer.  Mountainous areas of Montana had up to 15" of snow this week.  Not every place is hot and steamy in the summer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Not every region is hot and humid in the summer.  

Honored Contributor

I broke out into a sweat just thinking about it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's A379169. It looks so hot to me. I guess it works for wear in a cold office or for cold nights near the beach in California.  There certainly are regional preferences for clothing to suit local climates. I was just thinking that I have never seen a single person wearing leggings in the entire ten years they have been popular. I see them in catalogs but not on anyone. It was 91°F here yesterday. Tonight, it's 82°F. I've lived in other places with different climates and with cooler evenings but it's still hard to imagine wearing something like this right now. 

Respected Contributor

its barefoot dreams ultra light.

not hot at all

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-CozyChic-Ultra-Lite-Hooded-Ribbed-Cardi.product.A379169.html?sc=...

i wear the ultra light all seasons

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~