Regular Contributor

Re: How is a long sleeve cardigan a summer essential?

From San Francisco to Maine, nights are chilly.

Esteemed Contributor

Same in South Texas @Desertdi .  People have blankets in their offices, it’s so cold.  Every day I wear either a light sweater or a jean jacket.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

Same in South Texas @Desertdi .  People have blankets in their offices, it’s so cold.  Every day I wear either a light sweater or a jean jacket.

@qvcfreak    It was so cold in my workplace, I had a space heater under my desk......in the SUMMER!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

There's a light green, long length, long sleeve cardigan on the home page today. It's being described as a "summer essential." Is a sweater like this really worn in the heat of summer? If so, where and under what circumstances? It certainly isn't an item I can wear in a Florida.

Updated to add that it has a hood.

I can't wear it in Arizona either. It is all about gauze for me in the summer (which lasts until November when we finally drop into the 90's).Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi  several workers have space heaters under their desks as well. Some areas are colder than others. They aren't allowed but they kinda look the other way.

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Can't enjoy myself when I've got goosebumps!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I run our company's logo apparel store and right now the long sleeve tee shirt and the hoodie are the top sellers.

As my focus group told me, skinny people are cold in summer.  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I believe the "sweater" the OP is referring to is A379169 Barefoot Dreams cardi.  Texas here and I purchased, at almost 1/2 off to wear mostly in early fall and spring. Nice weight for between seasons and cool summer nights, and yes, AC.  BTW, some colors are sold out or waitlisted.

Esteemed Contributor

I have long sleeved sweaters in my summer wardrobe. When I go somewhere that they have the AC cranked down to FROZEN, then I need one. heck in my office, when it was open, I wore long sleeves AND had a fleece hanging on the back of my chair for when the AC was working overtime.

Working from home means I can keep the temperature at a level where I am comfortable. Today I have the AC at around 75 degrees to keep the humidity down but I can weare a sleeveless top and work barefoot. It's great!

Honored Contributor

I am sitting in my office at work with a short sleeve sweater on and a long sleeve open front cardigan over the top.  It is freezing in my office.  

The vent is right above me and just blows down on top of me.  My choice is close the vent and roast or open it and freeze.  I can't just partically close it.  So I leave it open and wear sweaters.

As an aside, DH and I drove to Nashville Saturday.  I wore a knit open front cardigan in the car for the entire drive, there and back because I was cold with the ac on in the car.