Honored Contributor

Re: How do you post a reply within the same box as one already posted?

@Karnerblue wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean.  If you click on "reply" and then click on "quote" in the upper right it will copy what the post you are replying to and then you can continue typing your response to that quote.

Oh my goodness, thank you karnerblue.  I had been wondering why I could never answer in the box.  Thank you.  As you can see thanks to you the mystery is solved.  lol I would never have thought to click on quote.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

Not exactly sure what you mean.  If you click on "reply" and then click on "quote" in the upper right it will copy what the post you are replying to and then you can continue typing your response to that quote.

Oh my goodness, thank you karnerblue.  I had been wondering why I could never answer in the box.  Thank you.  As you can see thanks to you the mystery is solved.  lol I would never have thought to click on quote.

Me either.

Trusted Contributor

Testing!

Honored Contributor

FranandZoe wrote:

But - it still posted a separate post at the end - not within your original post.

@FranandZoe, I'm not clear about what you're wanting to do.  I don't think you really want your response to be within the original post.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding?

In my post, you'll see I used the "Quote" feature and then I spaced down a couple of lines to make a clear delineation between your post and my response.   As it is, the quoted text has a light gray vertical line to the left of it, to identify it as quoted text and my reply doesn't have the gray vertical line since it's a response.   If I placed my cursor within your original post and type there, the end result is that it will look like my response was part of yours -- that makes it very hard to know who said what. 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Thanks Eva - that works for editing my own post.  But I'm talking about editing or posting within someone else's post.

Thanks everyone!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MomCat wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

This is what she was talking about. 

Thanks!  I too could NOT figure this one out.  And of course it worked!

Respected Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

@Karnerblue wrote:

This is what she was talking about. 

Thanks!  I too could NOT figure this one out.  And of course it worked!

Thanks!