Not applicable

How could my order be on "backorder"?

Okay, so on Sunday, September 29th I ordered a 13" MacBook Air bundle that came with some software and a case and all of that stuff. They put me through a lot. At first everything was going fine. They didn't charge my credit card yet, but I realized that was because my order hadn't shipped yet. From Sunday through Wednesday the status was "In Process of Shipping and then on Thursday morning it changed to "Processing" and then latter in the day it changed to "Under Review", which sent up a red flag. I then realized that it was probably normal. And then a little latter it changed to "Contact CS." So I called CS and they told me that my only issue was that the home phone number on my credit card account didn't match the one on my QVC account. So I cleared that up, let them no, and they told me that they would send an e-mail to the finance department. After talking to so many people and getting told a million different things throuhgout the weekend, on Sunday night CS told me to call the finance department just to confirm a few things and clear up some info and then they'll ship my order right after that. So on Tuesday night everything was fine. I spoke to the people and they said that they were now going to finally ship out my order. I go online right after an my online status says "Ready to Ship" or "Shipping in Process" or something along those lines. I'm very happy to find all of that out. I check again about an hour latter just because I'm like that. My status changed to "Backorder"! I freaked out. I didn't know how this could be happening. I spoke to many customer service people and they all told me a few different things; someone said that my order was filled, another said that it could 1-3+ weeks to restock, another said that the Mac Factory messed it up and that they didn't hold my order while all of the problems occurred like they were supposed to. My question is how could the Apple Factory be out of MacBook's. I assume that they give their "leftover" items to QVC, but still. Shouldn't they have one available soon? No one was able to give any sort of good time frame. I just don't know what to do. Some people have said that they charge your account while on backorder and some people say that they've been waiting for two years for their item... I don't know what to do! Also, QVC never sent me e-mails or letters throughout my ordering process. I figured out that there were problems pretty much on my own. Also, I go on to my items page and it says "We're sorry, this item is not available at this time" DOES THAT MEAN THAT MY ITEM WILL NEVER BE BACK IN STOCK!?