Esteemed Contributor

Re: How can a TSV be on back order?

Around QVC, a status of "back order" simply means the inventory has not yet been processed but there is stock to fulfill all current orders. Delays may happen due to whether the Q or a vendor is doing the processing, and your order may go back and forth between "in process" and "back order," but all orders should be filled.

Trusted Contributor

In this case, they really shot themselves in the foot! I'm used to waiting the  7 - 10 days they usually say, but when something goes from "in stock" when ordered to "back order" at the time it would normally ship, that's when I draw the line, especially when other sellers have the same product for the same price with no waiting! Loyalty only goes so far, and I'm afraid if the Q wants to remain competitive, especially with places like Amazon and Peltz, they are going to have to up their game!

Valued Contributor

I'm disgusted with the "back order" issue. My orders, like many others, are ordered when the item is presented, sometime well before. Items say processing for a week or more, then suddenly flip to back order. Some items are gifts, some are for events. I can't continue to order with the lack or inability to complete an order which seemingly has become the norm. Calling out the Q for incompetence. I order in good faith, you say the item is available, and you take my money. It's simple. Gut your shipping department and hire competent staff, and management. This is not an ongoing issue with many other companies, as it is with the Q. Someone doesn't care, or has completely ignored what the letters Q V C stand for.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The last Laura Geller makeup TSV  on 3/23 that I ordered  and was not on waitlist when I ordered it  . However after checking on the order  a  couple of days later   for a ship date  it was  marked  as being on waitlist or backorder ( I can't remember which) . I waited a  total of 7 days then just cancelled the order . I figured that I didn't need  the items if QVC could not provide a ship date within a week of my order.

Honored Contributor

• @Foxxee    I don't know how you managed to dig this article up but it does an excellent job of explaining what's happening at QVC and points out the possible consequences, which we're seeing now.  What really infuriates me is that they will offer no explanation for what's going on.  I don't understand how they think it's good PR to cancel orders and never notify the customer who is patiently waiting for its arrival.  We know many delays are unavoidable but why don't they offer some explanation?  Is it a matter of shame among the retail brotherhood? We customers are mystified at the Q management's attitude. 
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624     My pet peeve is the constant changing of prices in supposedly clearance prices.   One particular  item I have ordered multiples of is an Anbody sleeveless tank.   It is on clearance.  Some days it's on clearance for $19.98 then it goes down to $17.98 and up again to $19.98 then back down again like a yo-yo.   I am getting whiplash from the craziness.  Their computers must be specially programmed to change prices at will.   This is crazy.  To me clearance is clearance.  HSN does not do this!!!  Oh and when the Q offers free shipping they up the prices on items so free is not free!

Trusted Contributor

Another update: Now the TSV's are "processing" but no delivery date given yet. This is what another posted mentioned, you can get whiplash watching orders go back & forth from processing to back order and back again!

Contributor

I'm glad to see this topic and I totally agree. If you don't have it in stock, then don't sell it just to make a buck. I think you have more disgusted and disgruntled customers when you play these kinds of games than if you would be honest and tell us that you only have x number of pairs to go around and when they're gone, they're gone.

I ordered the sandals last Saturday and have been really curious as to why they haven't shipped. They have said "preparing your order" for the last week. I also ordered something from Beekman a day or so later and it's the same story. QVC orders used to ship out within a couple of days.

I ordered something from Ulta yesterday and it shipped out the same day! I am about ready to cancel both orders and go to Amazon or just forget it.

Contributor

Update. I checked and because it is in process, I cannot cancel it. So I have no choice but to wait for it. However, I will think twice before placing another order. :Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

Count me as furious, I ordered several of the Zuda Tsv's. Again, as usual, at midnight, when availability was abundant.
Now, after days, all the pants, except one pair, and all the coordinating tops, are in back order. You took my money when I ordered, and left a young girl anxiously waiting for her items, now I have to explain to her what a less than stellar, to be nice, the Q is. This was the final straw. I have no use for someone that takes my money and then serves up shoddy service.