Honored Contributor

Re: How big are the hosts closet??

@gidgetgh wrote:

@minnie 50 wrote:

So sick sick of JT talking about her daughters and everything they have or will get. Also the bragging of the beach condo the trips, etc....in poor taste to say the least! nobody cares JT. Im sure she is paying for the new york studios for her daughters given how much she makes in salary!!!

@minnie 50 - and how much is it she makes in salary?  No one discloses that information and they shouldn't as it's none of our concern.  Everything else is just wild speculation. 

@gidgetgh  - Jane puts her entire life out there for everyone to hear.  She makes it everyone's business.  She likes everyone to know.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@minnie 50 wrote:

So sick sick of JT talking about her daughters and everything they have or will get. Also the bragging of the beach condo the trips, etc....in poor taste to say the least! nobody cares JT. Im sure she is paying for the new york studios for her daughters given how much she makes in salary!!!

@minnie 50 - and how much is it she makes in salary?  No one discloses that information and they shouldn't as it's none of our concern.  Everything else is just wild speculation. 

@gidgetgh  - Jane puts her entire life out there for everyone to hear.  She makes it everyone's business.  She likes everyone to know.

@San Antonio Gal - yeah, I get that, but not on salary.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

It's perfectly logical and reasonable (to me) for viewers to speculate about a salary when they constantly hear about trips, travels, power shopping, multiple residences... compensation can be extrapolated from a life style.

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised they are not selling clothes for Spring 2023.  The first of the year it was Spring will be here and then Summer and everyone will be traveling and spending time with family.  Now, Summer is not even over,  and it is Fall and winter clothing.  This channel is such a joke with their selling stunts and stupid stories.  I do not believe anything they say to move merchandise.

Honored Contributor

I think they may be fibbing to make sales.

Respected Contributor

Someone said Bobbie Ray Carter a long time host on HSN had quite the tiered closet set up. I have heard JRT say many years ago she donates.

When Leah talks about owning something which isn't often, I believe her or that she bought it for her sister like a swimsuit cover up. Leah has her own little clothing line now which she helped develop. I would think she owns those items?

Respected Contributor

@Bettyanne @Gorgf @mspemberley @Group 5 minus 1 @San Antonio Gal + all:

For the last several years, I am using the rule for clothes:

1 in 2 out (donated or gifted)

For shoes:

1 in 3 out

[Stopped buying jewelry and handbags.]

So my closet is reduced with each purchase.

Styles change. Life choices change.

Nothing wrong with buying new and experimenting, but I like knowing I will be minimalizing, while enjoying something new.

I gave up on old thinking: keep it, it might come in handy.

Keep it, it cost a lot.

FYI: It has been shared in several threads that hosts get 30% off.

Honored Contributor

I mind my own pocketbook and purchases.  TV host or not, I would not others passing judgement on my purchases or what I own.

Honored Contributor

This subject has been kicked around on here for years.  Every host and some more than others own every piece of clothing the Q sells and multiples of many.  When they say that I envision their closet the size of an Amazon warehouse.

Its a sales pitch, nothing more or less, its harmless but I would say most regular viewers know that its an exaggeration.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

It may be an exaggeration, but to me it's a lie.  I don't buy any of it.