Honored Contributor

Re: How about Lisa Mason as a host on HSN?

I don't agree that the hosts at HSN never talk over the guests; I've seen/heard them do it many times.

I do agree that all the kissing should stop at QVC.  You don't go into an office and kiss all your colleagues or visitors (at least I hope not  Woman Sad).  It would be easy enough for a memo to be sent out to put a stop to it immediately.

It would also mean a more hygienic working environment for everyone involved.

As far as Lisa Mason is concerned, I liked her as a host and hope she finds something that suits her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one wants to hire a host who quits constantly.... Lisa might be a great host.....but if not reliable regardless of the reason who wants to depend on that person.   She goes from being a host, to a vendor for a product.....back to host and then quiting AGAIN.  

She could write a book.... Or......become a Housewife on reality TV with all her family drama.....

Valued Contributor

First of all, I am so happy to hear about Gino.  Secondly, I also used to think that "3rd channel" wasn't up to par with HSN and QVC but I started watching it when it moved to the lower channels.  I have to say their jewelry is absolutely beautiful and well-priced on event specials.  I cannot begin to tell you how much non-costume jewelry I have purchased and the jewelry hosts are lovely.  I'm not crazy about their clothes although I have bought some Marc Bower pieces that are beautiful.  Try watching Heather Hall or Lynn - they are very professional and knowledgeable. I think if you are a jewelry lover, you'd enjoy it.  You can learn a lot about gemstones from their designers.

Respected Contributor

You seem a little obsessed with all the hosts....

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

You seem a little obsessed with all the hosts....

A LITTLE?!?!?!

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  

I totally agree .  The hosts do not act as if they are on a talk show, the way most of the hosts do on QVC.  They also have a command

of the Language.   They are serious and well dressed.  

Honored Contributor

I dont think that would be feasible for Lisa.  She lives in NY and HSN is in Florida.  I would think Gino has a great team of doctors in NY they would want to stick with.  I can't imagine uprooting at this point to move to Florida.

Lisa is working.  She does some hosting on an on-line only shopping site along with many other former hosts.  I'm not sure how lucrative or steady the work is.   

Honored Contributor

@Miranda1550 I know what you mean, it's hard to believe the hosts are college grads the way they butcher the English language and think it's ok to make up words. Just goes to show you how far we've fallen when people don't mind or think it's funny or cute to not use their language skills, if they ever had any.

Esteemed Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I don't agree that the hosts at HSN never talk over the guests; I've seen/heard them do it many times.

I do agree that all the kissing should stop at QVC.  You don't go into an office and kiss all your colleagues or visitors (at least I hope not  Woman Sad).  It would be easy enough for a memo to be sent out to put a stop to it immediately.

It would also mean a more hygienic working environment for everyone involved.

As far as Lisa Mason is concerned, I liked her as a host and hope she finds something that suits her.

Yes please...stop all the kissing!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Should we contact HSN to set up an interview?