Regular Contributor

Re: How about Diana Perkovic at QVC? She was great at HSN

On 12/14/2014 Tique said:
On 12/14/2014 BillyBob20 said:

If Diana were ever to appear on QVC there's no way they place her in a primetime spot. She would be hosting overnight hours for a few years before even getting the chance to host during the day/evening hours.

Not necessarily true. When Paul Deasy left HSN and went to QVC, he never did overnight hours. I doubt Diana would either.

As for Colleen, I don't think that Q would be willing to offer her the kind of perks she gets at HSN. She has products that bear her name - jewelry, jewelry boxes, clothes. She also gets to feature jewelry that her son designs. I don't see her leaving HSN any time soon.

I'm sure he did work overnight hours in the beginning regardless if he came from another network or not. Nancy Hornback came from another shopping channel network and they put her in the overnight hours, so why should Diana get any special treatment? You know just in case she were ever to appear on the Q.

Honored Contributor

On 12/13/2014 Lotus~ said:

I don't think Lisa can ever be replaced....just like any of the hosts. They are all unique.

I agree with you, and the fact is they already have enough hosts. Maybe one of them will rise to the occasion...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

QVC really does have a lot of seasoned hosts already. If they expand host staffing I suspect it would be with new people like Alberti and Stacey whom management can mold into their QVC vision, whatever that is, rather than someone who hosted for years on another network.

Trusted Contributor

Q hosts are mostly unwatchable. The stuff they are trying to sell is boring. How can anyone watch?
Valued Contributor

I always thought Bill Green can't be beat!

Super Contributor

Thought the same thing myself yesterday! Diane actually had some class.

Honored Contributor

Some are all but holding interviews for someone to replace Lisa. This is getting ridiculous!!!!

Honored Contributor

The last thing in this world Qvc needs is another female host. And there will be no LR replacement....
Esteemed Contributor

They have plenty of hosts. All they need to do is rearrange schedules. I do like Ms. Perkovic though.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

On 12/14/2014 lennox25 said:

THIS OP NEEDS TO STOP CREATING THREADS.

Why? Because you say so?

I liked Diana Perkovic on HSN and think she'd be a good candidate to fill the post-Lisa gap. However, I wonder if Diana burned out on the TV shopping routine and moved on to something more to her liking? She may not be looking for a TV shopping host assignment.