Honored Contributor

Re: How Do They Get Away with This?

@homedecor1   @Sooner    Why don't you express your anger and disgust in an email to the president's office instead of ranting here on the boards where only other customers read it?  It's not doing one bit of good. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Now what's  that gonna solve -- at least you have the answers😉

Every post concerning shipping or ordering with QVC you defend them...

as being angry I'm not because I buy "as is" or "clearance" I'm too cheap to pay upwards of $40-50 before tax/s&h for denim & co, for a designer name, shoes,or more I can get at B&M store --check quality - use discounts & coupons -- pay and bring home!!!

No tricks but Q does hold our $$$$ I'm still waiting for a charge amount to drop off from 6/7.  Guaranteed I'm not getting this  piece...but no big deal.  I'm sure they'll have something comparable at WM or other store😊

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   I believe it was you who was complaining sometime back about how poorly stocked Macy's was.  They're having the same trouble getting merchandise as QVC is. 

The length of the authorization hold on your cc is up to the policy of the cc company, not QVC.  Call them.

I do defend them because I read and have an inkling what problems they're facing trying to get new, fresh merchandise. The problems are very complex and I don't understand all that is going on but I'm sure QVC does.  Too bad they are more forthcoming in their explanations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

yes in the store same as other stores.  

That's a whole different scenario: for instance,I went in for size16 pant in navy blue they had other sizes & a salesperson says "well, order them -- give your money and We will ship them to you when they come in!"   Then, next day unavailable and money credited back in 3 days.  That's perfect business 

Q sells item clearly knowing it's not in warehouse but one can't cancel after pays the it changes from "processing to back order"...you're stuck unless 1) they cancel or 2)back ordered.

QVC knows exactly what is in stock -- it's no big surprise only to the consumer ....then they keep our $$$$ for weeks and let's not talk about returns ...a whole other issue🙄🙄🙄

I can only imagine what's the next excuse!

thats all I'm pointing out --q lost me as a constant buyer once the shipping problems started.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  Agree with you. 

Eta- And when you finally get the item, IF you get it, and it falls apart on the 31st day they tell you "too bad".  I shop where they at least act like they appreciate my business.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

QVC gets away with it it because customers give them a pass making excuses for bad behavior.

How can an order be in stock, go to backorder, then preparing your order, back to backorder, then preparing your order?  It occurs too frequently to be anything more than incompetence.  Either it's in stock or it's not.  Playing that game, it's in stock, oops, no it's not...oh wait, it is in stock...no it isn't.  Who is QVC kidding?

"they are ignoring previous orders, raising prices and not filling backorders."

A CS agent told me shipping is supposed to fill backorders first before reorders are posted on the website.  It's happened to me.  Again, incompetence.  

As long as QVC holds on to most of their repeat customers who make excuses for them and continues to get new customers, these issues won't be addressed.  

Problems with processing and shipping have been going on for a long time.  I see no resolution because QVC doesn't outwardly appear to care. Either we put up with it or move on to shopping elsewhere. 

Valued Contributor

@Sooner 

I had the exact same pants, same color same price. Mine were cancelled 10 days later. No email about being back ordered or cancelled. They were cancelled on a Mon, then the next day, Tues, they were shown during the D&Co 2 hr show and they said they were back in stock and at the higher price. I didn't notice it was a different number because the sage is under their seasonal number. 

Of course, I wasn't going to buy them again because of price hike. Too coincidental for me. This was the third time in recent weeks an order is back ordered and they're offering again at a higher price with it being back in stock.  Also, I think the word "backordered" is being used improperly by the warehouse computer system.

It's not about shipping stock to the warehouses problem, l can't figure this one out and my background is retail management and not at store level. I have a notion of what could be happening, but I'm giving qvc the benefit of doubt at this time.

Esteemed Contributor

I completely agree that most issues have absolutely nothing to do with Chinese ports.  That lame excuse always makes me laugh out loud.

Recently I ordered 2 One Day Only items, same item, different colors.

Two packages arrived in a reasonable time frame, but one was a completely different item.  A completely different product category, but the color was correct.

The correct item couldn't be pulled off the shelf.

China had nothing to do with it (well, maybe it did......)

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@homedecor1   @Sooner    Why don't you express your anger and disgust in an email to the president's office instead of ranting here on the boards where only other customers read it?  It's not doing one bit of good. 

Why do you continually defend QVC?  

These boards are for customer complaints.  The Social Team is part of customer service.  They do read these threads.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 Your accusation of my posts being "ranting" are hurtful and I think unjustified.  It isn't my place to e-mail the president's office--I'm not on the board and I have no interest or investment in trying to fix QVC.

It's a discussion board.  I'm here disussing, and I think it's pretty unkind of you to chastize me for discussing.  I'm a customer talking to other customers--not a crusader out to solve problems for QVC.