Honored Contributor

How Do They Get Away with This?

I ordered petite Denim & Co original waist pants in sage color on 6/15 for $26.28.  They were in stock and went to back order

They are now available, same description and IN STOCK for $32.50.  So again, they are ignoring previous orders, raising prices and not filling backorders.  They assigned a different number.

So now I can get my previous order, but it's $6 more.  And they never canceled my backorder.  It's still backordered!  So do they fill these after the new ones stop selling or what?  Do they only fill backorders with returns?  Do you know the answer to this?

I know people keep complaining about this, but I just wonder how many people have had this happen, and is it more common now?  I really feel like I won't order more with the shell games going on now.  It's abusive to customers.  

Honored Contributor

Re: How Do They Get Away with This?

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   How do you know they're filling new orders?  Do you know anyone who has received them?  My guess is they're going on backorder too in anticipation of the arrival of a big overseas order.  Nowadays backorder at QVC simply means "its coming but we don't have it yet".  Hang in there; I bet you get your pants.  Wait list is more iffy.  I've gotten every single backorder I've place in the past year but some took awhile. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I'd say you're owed an explanation from someone (anyone) at the Q for this. Makes absolutely no sense.

Respected Contributor

I've had orders go to backorder, then receive them as if there had never been a change. I've received items days before I've been notified that they've shipped. 

Super Contributor

I ordered the same pants...except my order keeps changing from preparing to back order....then this morning it went back to preparing, now this evening it went back to back order.

My price did not change though. I have recent orders preparing for shipment for over a week. Never know when you will receive your items. Frustrating.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   How do you know they're filling new orders?  Do you know anyone who has received them?  My guess is they're going on backorder too in anticipation of the arrival of a big overseas order.  Nowadays backorder at QVC simply means "its coming but we don't have it yet".  Hang in there; I bet you get your pants.  Wait list is more iffy.  I've gotten every single backorder I've place in the past year but some took awhile. 

@Kachina624 They offer the pants with a new item number, in stock, available to buy, and mine is still backordered?  What sense does that make?  There is no excuse for it.  And it is unfair to customers to leave them in the dark like that.

They have computers and inventory count.  In this day and age?  No.  This shouldn't happen. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 As I said, the pants appeared in a new number, and mine are "backordered" still.  My first order was $6 cheaper too.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 As I said, the pants appeared in a new number, and mine are "backordered" still.  My first order was $6 cheaper too.  

@Sooner   Did you try to contact the Social Team?   They always are very helpful when I do.  

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Sooner   Did you try to contact the Social Team?   They always are very helpful when I do.  

@BalletBabe No, I am through worrying about stuff like this, but I stand amazed that any company can survive without better information about their inventory.  I see no sign of them fixing it, and at some point people will get too frustrated to try to buy from them.

Maybe they don't worry about it either!  But thanks for the suggestion.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

Please explain why QVC can constantly offer something -- a person buys in anticipation order will be received in a timely manner then within hours it's "preparing order" to "advance order" then "back ordered"....then YOU give them a "pass" all the time stating their merchandise is coming on the "slow boat from China" be patient!!!

Sorry but I don't feel this is anyway to operate a huge corporation like QVC😡.  Better to stop selling items which at the time of presentation are not available and empty out the warehouses at sale pricing..

I'm yet to have this happen with HSN or any other retailer -- if it's not in the warehouse it's "out of stock"...

Terrible to keep giving QVC a pass for deceit ...plus, who knows when these items WILL be available.

Thank goodness I don't purchase clothing from them anymore!!!