Super Contributor

I used to worry that I would outlive my money.  With the quality of products and service currently being offered (everywhere, not just QVC) I'm more worried about my money outliving me.  I don't know which is worse.

Super Contributor
Several years ago I received someone elses item with their packing slip enclosed and that person received my and our full customer account numbers and part of the credit cards numbers were on the slips. I called qvc and of cause they shipped out the correct item to me and I returned the incorrect one, this was an inconvenience but I returned it. I complained that I was uncomfortable that my information was on the enclosed slip so I changed my account number and asked CS if in the future to not have the full account numbers on the slips. I was informed to not worry cause no one can order using my acct. number. About a year later I had noticed they no longer have the full acct. numbers on the enclosed slips, for security reasons I was happy to see the change.
Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

I used to worry that I would outlive my money.  With the quality of products and service currently being offered (everywhere, not just QVC) I'm more worried about my money outliving me.  I don't know which is worse.

It's absolutely atrocious what passes for good service at or when contacting the vast majority of places... There is the rare exception, but overall, the world of goods and services and true customer service just seems incredibly broken with absolutely no clue how, or no intention to fix it, or both...

All the entities pay lip service to it (your call is very important to us... yea, well then freakin' answer it...) but they're not actually providing it. A big part of it is there is no such thing any more as personal service. Every time you call an entity, you speak with somebody different there's no continuity among them and every time you call you have to re-tell your saga to some one new, usually in a different 'group', 'department' or on a different 'team'... either because your call was mis-routed in the first place or because there's an internal passing of the buck... And speaking of 'teams', I'm so sick of hearing the term... In most instances, it's an utter and complete misnomer, probably coined by some well intentioned manager that caught on and is now perpetrated and perpetuated against employees and customers everywhere, with absolutely no relationship to the actual 'team concept'... And when you need help, just try finding a supervisor, manager or the actual person in charge... As often as not, they're so insulated as to be absolutely untouchable...

End of rant...

I actually find QVC's CS to be better than most, though I also think some of their policies are rather unforgiving and don't serve customers particularly well...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

A short time ago I had a similar problem.  I ordered a clothing item.   My receipt matched my request but I got a totally different size and color [maybe some one elses order].  I immediatelt called customer servie.  I was told to use the return label and my account would not be charged.  I followed directions and all was corrected quickly and as promised.  I was pleased with the ease of the process and the friendly service.