Honored Contributor

Re: How Did This Happen???

[ Edited ]

While I clearly agree it's a positive added layer to have the Social Team and the Customer Care forum to help resolve customer issues, it would appear that what also needs to happen is more solid coaching of CS representatives who answer the phones. Personally, I've found virtually all of my encounters to be helpful and to resolve whatever issue about which I was calling. There have been a few less than helpful experiences but it surely hasn't been the norm and I would really not like to see it decline.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I've had a few encounters with CS, and I have been very happy with all of them. It made me think the Q actually took care with hiring the right people for such an important job. They all haven't been settled in my favor, but nevertheless, have been handled professionally and with no bad feelings. 

Valued Contributor

@doguedebordeauxmom wrote:

This is a first for me, at least on an item this large....I ordered one of 7x10 Veranda rugs but what got shipped to me was a patio umbrella instead.  The packing slip had the correct information, but the product was totally wrong.  Where is the QC on this kind of thing?  To top it off when I called customer service the first person I spoke to said "are you sure you didn't order it?"  Seriously!!!  And then said we cannot ship you out the correct order until you return the umbrella.  I asked about pickup and shipping and she said you will need to take it to the post office and I suppose I can mark your account not to charge you for shipping.  REALLY???????  I was so mad I hung up and called back in and asked for a supervisor.  The gentleman that answered the phone was very nice and said it was their normal policy not to ship anything out without the returned item but since it was their error and not mine he would get with a supervisor to try to overwrite it so it could ship immediately, which he did.  He also made arrangements to have the item picked up by the post office so I don't have to haul that large box around.  Geez, why couldn't the first person do their job instead of making it sound like I did something wrong!  I've never had an issue with either Evine or HSN when it was their error and was credited immediately and they sent me a special label via email to use to make sure when the item was returned I did not get charged for the shipping.  I appreciate what the last rep did for me but overall I have had some customer service issues lately with the Q and as a result have not been buying as much as I normally do. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. We all make mistakes but to make a customer feel like it was their error and problem just isn't right.  Thanks for letting me vent!

Same thing happened to be some time ago.  It was their fault, would not send the item until I had returned the incorrect item, etc. etc. etc.  Acted like it was my fault.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katiescarlett wrote:

This is a first for me, at least on an item this large....I ordered one of 7x10 Veranda rugs but what got shipped to me was a patio umbrella instead.  The packing slip had the correct information, but the product was totally wrong.  Where is the QC on this kind of thing?  To top it off when I called customer service the first person I spoke to said "are you sure you didn't order it?"  Seriously!!!  And then said we cannot ship you out the correct order until you return the umbrella.  I asked about pickup and shipping and she said you will need to take it to the post office and I suppose I can mark your account not to charge you for shipping.  REALLY???????  I was so mad I hung up and called back in and asked for a supervisor.  The gentleman that answered the phone was very nice and said it was their normal policy not to ship anything out without the returned item but since it was their error and not mine he would get with a supervisor to try to overwrite it so it could ship immediately, which he did.  He also made arrangements to have the item picked up by the post office so I don't have to haul that large box around.  Geez, why couldn't the first person do their job instead of making it sound like I did something wrong!  I've never had an issue with either Evine or HSN when it was their error and was credited immediately and they sent me a special label via email to use to make sure when the item was returned I did not get charged for the shipping.  I appreciate what the last rep did for me but overall I have had some customer service issues lately with the Q and as a result have not been buying as much as I normally do. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. We all make mistakes but to make a customer feel like it was their error and problem just isn't right.  Thanks for letting me vent!

Same thing happened to be some time ago.  It was their fault, would not send the item until I had returned the incorrect item, etc. etc. etc.  Acted like it was my fault.

@katiescarlett @doguedebordeauxmom  Except for an incident with a computer ordered from the Q (and that was all on DELL'S tech support---DO NOT order a computer or electronic from QVC) but for the most part QVC CS employees have always been courteous, polite, and professional....And I also had the wrong item sent to me---instead of a $69 on sale Tig handbag I got a $300 Dooney .....the QVC Rep was extremly nice, since it was around Christmas time I expressed my concern that I had hoped that the person was not giving this bag as a gift, I gave her the person's information from the invoice inside the order, she told me not to worry she would have another sent out right away, and she said she would take care of me too and send out my order right away ..... I told her no rush, since this was an order for me.....Maybe she was super accommodating having assured her I would put the Dooney in the mail back to QVC that day and considering the price difference maybe from QVC's standpoint they were just happy I was honest and didn't keep the more expensive bag....

Now the second time this happened the CS Rep was very courteous and professional but politely said it was QVC's company policy not to send out the item I ordered until the item sent in error was returned.....I explained what had transpired with the other situation, but he politely stated the policy has changed and unfortunately an exception could not be made...I didn't push the issue but just told him to cancel my order and refund me when they received the item sent in error.....After we hung up I re-ordered the item online, I figured I would receive the item I originally ordered faster this way....

I think there is more of a problem with the way they ship items than customer service, there was a long post a while back called "CHEESE IN THE POCKET" which explained how QVC's shipping works---sometimes it's shipped from a QVC warehouse and other times it's shipped from the manufacturer  (and when it gets shipped from the manufacturer QVC can't track it)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@doguedebordeauxmom

I am so sorry the original representative took such little care of you as a customer. This is certainly not the level of service that we at the Q are striving for and am glad the second representative could assist you. If you have any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact the Social Team QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com at anytime and we will do all necessary to maintain and exceed a high level of customer service. Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC

And how does this help this lady????    Saying you're sorry and to contact the social team.   I don't get it...

@KatieB  Well what else could Beth QVC do this was after the fact and action had already been taken by the second CS Rep and I think to offer the QVC Social Team as another source for the future was helpful!

@Beth-QVC

Thank you for the information you provided, I thought it was helpful for her and for me too.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Doubt if QA has anything to do w/ the shipping. Sometimes things happen. Customer Service SHOULD be able to help you out. Just order what you want and send back the wrong item. If you can't afford to do that then you should not have ordered because as I said above things happen. And when you do return always INSURE.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Valued Contributor

This happened to me with the Alegria TSV a few weeks ago.  I received someone else's order WITH their order invoice.  When I called CS they did refund me but told me I was out of luck in getting the shoes that I ordered as they were sold out.  I put my order in early too so I am still annoyed that I missed out through no fault of mine.  No apology either.

Esteemed Contributor

@katiescarlett wrote:

Yes, and I'm sure people would have advised you to call again and try to get a different CS rep.  And that would have been good advice.  And maybe you did that.  The problem as I see it though, is that a customer should not have to call back.  CS reps should be able to solve the issue according to QVC's policies without customers having to make repeated phone calls and without having to pray that they get someone who knows what they're doing. 

Customers should not have to call back over and over in order to get good customer service.  And they certainly should not be made to feel that any problem - most especially one that is clearly QVC's error - is the fault of the customer.  That's inexcusable, IMO.  It happened to me with Philosophy years ago, and they lost my business. 

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@doguedebordeauxmom

I am so sorry the original representative took such little care of you as a customer. This is certainly not the level of service that we at the Q are striving for and am glad the second representative could assist you. If you have any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact the Social Team QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com at anytime and we will do all necessary to maintain and exceed a high level of customer service. Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC

And how does this help this lady????    Saying you're sorry and to contact the social team.   I don't get it...

The OP said (in her OP) that the 2nd rep she spoke with resolved it. 

Super Contributor

This will most likely be deleted, but I needed to but in. By LAW in the US when you place an order, the company sends you the wrong order, no matter what the cost difference in your favor is, you can legally keep it.

This really hit the airwaves back in late 2010 when the celebrity Josh Gates Tweeted that Amazon sent him the wrong order. They tried to get him to send the wrong order back to exchange it, but he wouldn't stating the law was in his favor. He was right!

This is from the FTC:

What do you do when you receive merchandise that you didn’t order? According to the Federal Trade Commission, you don’t have to pay for it. Federal laws prohibit mailing unordered merchandise to consumers and then demanding payment.

Here are some questions and answers about dealing with unordered merchandise.

Q. Am I obligated to return or pay for merchandise I never ordered?

A. No. If you receive merchandise that you didn’t order, you have a legal right to keep it as a free gift.

Q. Must I notify the seller if I keep unordered merchandise without paying for it?

A. Although you have no legal obligation to notify the seller, you may write the seller and offer to return the merchadise, provided the seller pays for shipping and handling.