Esteemed Contributor

Re: How Can Jane T Own So Many Shoes?

Jane probably does own many pairs of shoes.  Since she has two daughters, I think that I have heard her say that they are all about the same size and share shoes.  Three women in a household can tally up a lot of shoes.

On the other hand, it is her job to sell the shoes; and what better way to sell them than to let everyone think that she likes them so well that she owns them.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I have a lot of shoes too and that's no BS.  Smiley Very Happy

I heard Jane say she does purge her shoe stash and donate.  So do I.  I don't have enought closet space! 

Respected Contributor

I will admit I do have a shoe obsession!  I am always drawn to the shoe department when shopping!  I try to clean my shoe closet out at the change of seasons, but I have a hard time parting with any of them!  I have a friend who could care less about shoes, but she collects purses.  I do not like changing from one purse to another so I tend to carry the same purse everyday!  Everyone seems to have something they are drawn to.

On another note, I sure wish Jane T. could stop talking about that Lexi Marigold, and although I know it is a BIG seller for QVC. I seriously wish Clarks would move on from it.  Last night they were touting a new shoe with the Lexi Marigold bottom and I guess long time LM wearers are suppose to buy them. Clarks have seemed a little old fashioned looking to me lately.  My Clarks purchases lately have not fit correctly.  I am personally done buying shoes online except for sites with free shipping and free returns.

Esteemed Contributor

Key word here is "own".  The don't say I bought/purchased this item.  They are probably sent oodles of things to try so they can describe them with a little actual knowledge.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

If I could afford them and had a normal size shoe (10.5 AAA--yikes!), I would have an obsession.  I suppose if you have lots of shoes and continually get more, it's a good thing to donate them. I know lots of women would love to be able to get expensive shoes at a discount...if they were only worn a time or two. I know people who buy shoes for one occasion, much like clothing, and donate so they don't wear them twice. This is not my lifestyle but I surely understand it.

Honored Contributor

She doesn't. It is a sales tactic and is beginning to fall flat.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Trusted Contributor

I am a strict declutterer and don't keep anything I don't use or wear. I have 25 pairs of shoes (including everything). I don't know if this is a lot or not, but I use them all.

When I don't want a pair I donate them to the St. Vincent de Paul's society of the Catholic Church. I donate all of my clothes to them. 

Respected Contributor

This is pure conjecture on my part, so having said that if Jane tries on 20 pairs of shoes in a program, those might be 20 more pair in her shoe closet.   The idea of selling shoes worn by hosts and models is off putting, particularly when the shoes are on bare feet and Jane normally has  bare feet during the shoe shows.  Her fresh polish is obvious.    Yes, I know shoes in stores are tried on by many people.  However, the hosts on the Q always talk about customers receiving items that have not been tried on by others.  They make the point that clothing, and shoes from QVC are nice, clean, and fresh, because they are not being handled by others.  I suppose that's where the "as is" caveat is necessary. 

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

I taught her well.   Woman LOL

Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

When working I had a lot of shoes and every time I purchased a new outfit I would go over in my head the shoes I could coordinate with. After retirement I downsized and even though I still own plenty, I seem to wear the same two or three pairs over and over. Rarely do I buy shoes from Q because never seem to get a pair that is comfortable and fits properly. As far as Clarks go, don't think they are the same quality as ones sold in retail stores. Few times that I purchased them felt they were dumbed down to meet a Q price point. I have heard women talking about owning hundreds of shoes and handbags, just wonder how they could ever wear or use them all.