Esteemed Contributor

I was so excited this Saturday was going to be a garden day on QVC.  Very little gardening -- just hours and hours and hours of Dyna Trap.  I changed the channel.  Maybe this is a good day to clean my closets....

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Dan Hughes was on this morning in a dapper sweater and said that he is setting up his Dyna Trap after he gets home from work.  He reminded people that because of the mild winter in the East that mosquitoes are out before red robins.  I decided to set my Dyna Trap up earlier than nornmal as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo 

I have four sitting in my garage right now that I will be giving away. 

Not going to say they didn't work, because I can't really measure it, but, if you live in a heavily wooded area, it's difficult to tell if there are fewer bugs/mosquitos.  Not to mention the long extension cords we had to run to plug them in.

Maybe if you are in a small yard, and the space is limited with no woods, it will help.

I gave up after 2 seasons and have a company come in monthly to spray around my house and woods.

That's the only thing that has worked for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Reever You are such a great pr person for Dan.

Esteemed Contributor

Honestly, @Witchy Woman , I don't know, or care, if the Dyna Trap works or not.  I turned on today to see plants, garden equipment, garden toys - fun stuff for me.  Instead, one full hour of Dyna Trap was a disappointment.  Plus many more hours and presentations of Dyna Trap coming up the rest of the day.

Silly thing to complain about, I know.  I thought watching plants and outdoor toys might cheer me up.  Killing mosquitoes isn't doing it for me.  Ha.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

This strikes me as being a strange time of year to sell a bug zapper.  When it's still cold to chilly most places, customers are not really motivated to buy something to zap mosquitoes.  They are the least of our current problems.  Maybe a virus zapper or a politician zapper?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo 

Oh, I understand your point of view completely.  The constant repetition is ONE of the many reasons I no longer watch any QVC. 

I simply cannot stand the mind-numbing aspect of that jack-hammer approach to selling me ANYTHNG.

It seems to me they could do so much more to entice folks to buy -- but they don't. 

When I first discovered QVC, they didn't seem to beat things into the ground like they do now.  Perhaps because it was new, it didn't seem that way.

Now, all the loud, fast talking, silliness and the endless hours on one item means I no longer watch AT ALL which = no $$ going to QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo  It's just one of the reasons why Q isn't doing well. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Trusted Contributor

I do not own a Dyna Trap and have no plans to buy one. QVC has presented Dyna Trap every spring and summer. Does the product change much from the previous year to be shown as much as it is?

Respected Contributor

I am convinced that certain TSV companies purchase a certain number on minutes/hours of info-mercials with the Q in exchange for special pricing of the item. 

Why else would they show hours and hours of non Q brand items such as Bose?