Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hours of Dyna Trap

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

I am convinced that certain TSV companies purchase a certain number on minutes/hours of info-mercials with the Q in exchange for special pricing of the item. 

Why else would they show hours and hours of non Q brand items such as Bose?

@granddi 

Infomercial.....BINGO! Yes, same with Bose, Dyson & a few others. Same product, shown for one hour. Then another hour....and another hour, and so on all day long. Unless you get lucky and catch an hour of something interesting in-between the infomercial hours.

Occasional Contributor

I actually have a question about this product. Does anyone know if it attracts spotted lantern flies?

Trusted Contributor

@4labs wrote:

I actually have a question about this product. Does anyone know if it attracts spotted lantern flies?

@4labs  I don’t know the answer to your question as I don’t think we have those where we live. We live out in the country and have 2 of the Dynatrap and it’s amazing how much those things fill up. 

I hope you can find your answer. 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@tototwo 

Oh, I understand your point of view completely.  The constant repetition is ONE of the many reasons I no longer watch any QVC. 

I simply cannot stand the mind-numbing aspect of that jack-hammer approach to selling me ANYTHNG.

It seems to me they could do so much more to entice folks to buy -- but they don't. 

When I first discovered QVC, they didn't seem to beat things into the ground like they do now.  Perhaps because it was new, it didn't seem that way.

Now, all the loud, fast talking, silliness and the endless hours on one item means I no longer watch AT ALL which = no $$ going to QVC.

@Witchy Woman 

Ditto to everything you said! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

I am convinced that certain TSV companies purchase a certain number on minutes/hours of info-mercials with the Q in exchange for special pricing of the item. 

@granddi 

Ive seen and read interviews with QVC vendors and they said that air time is NOT purchased by the vendor, its strictly up to QVC when a product is presented and QVC said that the time of a presentation is NOT negotiable in their contracts....I previously posted the links... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@tototwo Totally agree.  I was looking forward to garden day only to find out every time I turned on the tv there was the Dyna trap.  Hours and hours and hours of that thing and then 15 more minutes or more per hour when it wasn't the DynaTrap hour segments.  Really QVC, don't you realize you are turning potential buyers away?  My credit card remained cold all day lol.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@granddi wrote:

@granddi 

Ive seen and read interviews with QVC vendors and they said that air time is NOT purchased by the vendor, its strictly up to QVC when a product is presented and QVC said that the time of a presentation is NOT negotiable in their contracts....I previously posted the links... 

QVC gets a big discount by buying more of these items from the manufacturer. More quantity -> more airtime. QVC makes it look as if their prices are lower than other retail outlets. Sure, with the TSV taking a large quantity of airtime, but the thousands of other items they have are going up in price.

New Contributor

I bought a dyna trap a few years ago and left it out for 2 years straight and threw it away last spring because it did absolutely nothing to reduce mosquitoes on our deck and in the yard

Respected Contributor

Re: Hours of Dyna Trap

[ Edited ]

Q buys a gazillion of the TSV to get a price break and then has to devote 50% of their airtime to unloading them. Vicious cycle of buying in quantity and boring to death.