Regular Contributor

Sickness has nothing to do with it. It is just greed and jealousy. Like the oscars, the more you show up, the bigger the loot and bonuses. I mean, conviently if you are going to host a program, you need to "wink, wink, sample the product", ya know, truth in advertising....Even though the senior hosts can afford probably anything, who wouldn't want free things like food,clothing,handbags,shoes. Especially with shoes, do you think that sample shoes they try on, are worn by other hosts again. Especially after an exercise show, yuck! All sales, you have to meet a certain goal or quota. It is a lot easier to reach a $1 million in sales selling overpriced handbags and computers than stuck at 3am trying to push a $10 peeler with $5 shipping that can be picked up your local dollar store for .99 cents.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC unkind

Honored Contributor

Gee I WISH I could see some of the more tenured hosts everytime I take a peek at QVC it seems to ALWAYS be Kerstin or Albany.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

What's with the strapless dress on Shawn today?  That host needs to have someone check her appearance BEFORE she steps on the set each day. Her selection of clothing is awful - and it's on purpose to draw attention to herself. What a self-absorbed annoying host. (And I'm being kind!)  SMH

@BirkiLady  Well Shawn looks like she stepped out of Vogue compared to some of the things that Kerstin wears.........I don't mind casual dress when she's presenting exercise equipment but she always looks like she's going to the beach---The other day she had on a more dressy maxi length dress and she had a sweatshirt type jacket with a hoody over it that didn't go with the maxi dress at all---

Other times I see hosts wearing clothes that are too tight and unflattering for their body types---

Where are the QVC stylist to help the hosts?????

There are a FEW that do know how to dress smartly....and these are more of a pleasure to watch....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@fuzzball76 wrote:

Sickness has nothing to do with it. It is just greed and jealousy. Like the oscars, the more you show up, the bigger the loot and bonuses. I mean, conviently if you are going to host a program, you need to "wink, wink, sample the product", ya know, truth in advertising....Even though the senior hosts can afford probably anything, who wouldn't want free things like food,clothing,handbags,shoes. Especially with shoes, do you think that sample shoes they try on, are worn by other hosts again. Especially after an exercise show, yuck! All sales, you have to meet a certain goal or quota. It is a lot easier to reach a $1 million in sales selling overpriced handbags and computers than stuck at 3am trying to push a $10 peeler with $5 shipping that can be picked up your local dollar store for .99 cents.

@fuzzball76  I don't think it's greed and jealously as much as it is trying to attract "a younger demographic" as their CEO said in an interview---I think they are pushing certain younger hosts that portray "the busy young mom"......Albany, Amy & Kerstin...everytime I flip channels these are the hosts I see on air CONSTANTLY---

Some of the hosts have mentioned they've recently come back from vacation perhaps that's why they haven't been on as much......haven't seen any of the brand new hosts at all (they seem to be regulated to the WEE hours of the morning)....hardly ever see Alberti......and Stacey just got the gig as David's co-host on Wednesdays ITKWD, before that she was invisible and I wondered if she had left QVC.....same with Jennifer....and haven't seen Jacque in AGES! And also Gabrielle....she's been non-existent.....

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@fuzzball76 wrote:

@fuzzball76  I don't think it's greed and jealously as much as it is trying to attract "a younger demographic" as their CEO said in an interview---I think they are pushing certain younger hosts that portray "the busy young mom"......Albany, Amy & Kerstin...everytime I flip channels these are the hosts I see on air CONSTANTLY---

Some of the hosts have mentioned they've recently come back from vacation perhaps that's why they haven't been on as much......haven't seen any of the brand new hosts at all (they seem to be regulated to the WEE hours of the morning)....hardly ever see Alberti......and Stacey just got the gig as David's co-host on Wednesdays ITKWD, before that she was invisible and I wondered if she had left QVC.....same with Jennifer....and haven't seen Jacque in AGES! And also Gabrielle....she's been non-existent.....

@Spurt Jacque has been sick and has taken a leave of absence. I saw Gabrielle  with Alberti on silver jewelry day.

Contributor

I am not going to name any host, but I will say that I don't think people in charge get it.  I have stopped watching a lot of shows because I just can't tolerate the hosts. Some are totally unprofessional.It is not difficult to tell who has done their homework prior to a show and who has not. And as far as fashion advice goes, why should I take any advice from someone who looks as if  they were going to a halloween party. 

Trusted Contributor

@diney j wrote:

I am not going to name any host, but I will say that I don't think people in charge get it.  I have stopped watching a lot of shows because I just can't tolerate the hosts. Some are totally unprofessional.It is not difficult to tell who has done their homework prior to a show and who has not. And as far as fashion advice goes, why should I take any advice from someone who looks as if  they were going to a halloween party. 

As long as the hosts perform well (i.e. hit their sales goal and bing in money for QVC), QVC could not care less about their proessionalism or whether a tiny handful of viewers turn off the channel (as long as thousands of othes continue to by).

Esteemed Contributor

Could not sleep last night, so I turned on QVC.  Saw a host I never saw before.  She did not seem new, as she knew what she was doing.  Anyone know who she is?  I don't see her on the list of hosts.