Valued Contributor

Re: Hosts who deserve recognition

There are many good hosts but I have to agree that Alberti is a hidden gem.  I am up late and see him often in the middle of the night.  He does a wonderful job explaining the items and going over all the fine details, no matter what type of product it is.  No babbling off topic, no exaggerations, no scare tactics, no ridiculous family stories-he's just down to earth and genuine.  He offers fresh energy that other hosts lack!!

Respected Contributor

(IMO) Alberti is the ONLY host host who deserves any recognition. He is spot on in every presentation. Lisa Mason is right there with him, although she is missing right now. There is some flaw with every other host I can think of, that I can live without. Alberti is #1 in my books. I felt sorry for him with Susan Graver (as I do any host who has to work with her).

Honored Contributor

@3Irishboys wrote:

Don't need to be so snarky...what I meant was some deserve better air time slots and maybe their own programming for an area or a product that they like...that's all. Your snark us uncalled for.

Snarky?     Really?

My first thought when I read your post was just what kind of "recognition" should they be getting .... and what makes you think they aren't getting what they want?

Not every one of them may want their own show, or to promote whatever ..... and you don't really know what their real life is like and maybe they don't want to work the 9 to 5 hours .... everyone's needs are different!

Honored Contributor

Add Antonella to the list. She's genuine, funny, and does a great job of thoroughly describing the products.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Occasional Contributor

I  also enjoy Antonella.  She  makes me laugh. Some of the newer host  I don't care for. They are very showie and try to be funny but that turns me off and the t.v.Jayne,Pat Jane tracy Marybeth and David are my favorites.  The host are paid very well for what they do.Did you ever see pictures of their homes? I also miss and like very much is Carolyn Gracie can't wait for her return.