Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts wearing heavy makeup

@cbrite Why do you miss it?  Did you stop wearing it for health reasons?  Please don't say you stopped wearing it because you think you're old.

I don't think anyone is ever too old to to wear makeup.

I love makeup and I'm 73.  I get compliments about my age but depending on who it is sometimes I'll say, "I paint up my face" because .... actually I do.

I was a teenager in the 60's.  We wore a lot of eye makeup (mostly black, not a lot of shadow).

I'm glad black eye makeup is back in style.

I don't wear black eyeliner but I do line the inside rim with black eyeliner.

I think it all looks natural but you can tell I have on makeup.  It just takes a few minutes to put it on.

I think people should wear what they want to.  The main thing is to feel good about ones self.  That's what matters.

It's a bit different (in my opinion) when on TV.  I guess if it's OK with their employers, that's what matters.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it has to do with the makeup artist thats on duty....Or... if the host does their own makeup (Jill said she did except for "special shows").....

Sometimes some of the hosts look very pale and washed out.....Also the pale lipsticks dont help either...Reading what the "experts" say--- as you get older if you wear lipstick with a bit of color, it brightens your face which makes you look a bit younger...BUT other times the host's makeup is more intense and applied with a heavy hand..And sometimes the makeup looks PERFECT!!!

If its a QVC brand they are using....I'd like to know which one...but I realize that TV makeup is also different than what we use in everyday life...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hosts and makeup vendors sometimes overdo the looks.  The Urban Decay rep the other night, well let's just say, too much makeup, IMO, to want folks to be attracted to her line. I'd be more apt to purchase if it didn't look so over the top. Makeup can and should be demonstrated the way the average woman would apply it in daily life. We get the point that we could downplay it or up the game ourselves, but the test of a makeup product is how it looks when applied in one coat, shade matches the skin, powder not heaped on to settle into lines, liner heavy and dark, shimmering highlights detracting from the face and the wrong shades of lipcolor used for a model's complexion just to sell a lipstick. That's one reason I try not to watch makeup shows. It's so frustrating. 

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Hi...nice to see you....health issues mostly at this time. I'm praying like a mad man to heal..... I live on the W. Coast which is just a terrible place now in Calif. with so many drug addicts/dealers that our City will NOT control...I won't go into detail here.I'm alone and had Adult Protective Services out a few times and they are just useless to stop the terrible abuse on me. I'd rather not say anymore... Hope you are very well and it sounds like it. 

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Kitt2 wrote:

i totally agree.  Haters to the left...Haters to the right.  It's show biz folks.  I love Makeup...It's fun.  If it's annoying or offensive to you just change the channel and shop elsewhere.  Calm Down, Relax and enjoy the shopping experience.  

@Kitt2 

How about YOU relax and click on out of here if you don't like reading the opinions of others. I find it offensive and annoying to be told to change the channel and shop elsewhere just because you say so.

@shaggygirl has an opinion.  You don't have to agree and she certainly doesn't have to agree with you.  No need to snark at her.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Kitt2 wrote:

i totally agree.  Haters to the left...Haters to the right.  It's show biz folks.  I love Makeup...It's fun.  If it's annoying or offensive to you just change the channel and shop elsewhere.  Calm Down, Relax and enjoy the shopping experience.  

@Kitt2 

How about YOU relax and click on out of here if you don't like reading the opinions of others. I find it offensive and annoying to be told to change the channel and shop elsewhere just because you say so.

@shaggygirl has an opinion.  You don't have to agree and she certainly doesn't have to agree with you.  No need to snark at her.

@CalminHeart 

Was I snarky? Must have been one of those days when I was tired of reading "change the channel". That and when you can't say the slightest negative thing without being told "we women must always support other women" sometimes make me a bit cranky. Can we blame it on getting old & ornery?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Kitt2 wrote:

@Kitt2 

@CalminHeart 

Was I snarky? Must have been one of those days when I was tired of reading "change the channel". That and when you can't say the slightest negative thing without being told "we women must always support other women" sometimes make me a bit cranky. Can we blame it on getting old & ornery?

@shaggygirl 

I totally understand what your saying, sometimes one can only take so much ...  so many of us are tired of not being able to provide our thoughts and opinions. The snarky "change the channel" doesnt really add to the discussion and we all now how to use a remote, so whats the point.....

I like how @sunshine45 handles things...she just explains her viewpoint and moves on without any snark.... I wish others would do the same instead of the old "change the channel" mantra which is inciteful starts arguments and ends up getting a thread closed ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gosh I've seen so many women out shopping with a ton of makeup on- figured if it makes them happy and feel good, then so be it. 

Even on the news now, one station in Atlanta the commentators really glam it up and have added on to their makeup, especially bat wing eyelashes (ewhhh and that's only how I feel)..  I don't get it but whatever. 

I may make a remark to my husband and he to me but I don't watch the Q and don't care.  I thought the picture of the lady on the thread was heavily made up just for advertising the products around her.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@cbrite  Pack up and head on over to Va.  Admittedly we are struggling here lately.

I’m a 4th Generation from Alexandria (Va) and I understand what you’re saying.

These days most of the people living in the Va/DC area are transplants from LaLa Land 😩

The changes I’ve seen in the past few years...not good.  

I’m working at getting health(ier).  Don’t let “stuff” get you down.  

Take care and know you aren’t alone.  There are lots of us who keep on keeping on!  What does that mean..anyway?😻

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl  I liked your post.  I envision someone's hand over my mouth and my words are just trying to tumble out....but can't.