Contributor

Lately I have noticed some of the host makeup is extremely heavy especially at night. Having been in the business I do realize they must wear stage makeup for shooting and that it is done by a professional makeup artist. However some of the hosts are extreme with no blending of blush and their eyes are very overdone. I realize they wear lashes however some of the shadows are so dark it makes their eyes sunk in to their face. Even my husband commented and he doesn't really comment abbout anything. The hosts are beautiful and really don't need that much what do you think?

Super Contributor

Re: Hosts wearing heavy makeup

"The hosts are all beautifull". Come on, why do people today say this? Not everyone is beautiful, exterior wise. Back to the hosts, yes, HTV makes this necessary.

Super Contributor

Yes I do notice there a few hosts that at times wear very heavy makeup. I'm not sure if the makeup artist is doing that on their own or at the host's request. But when the camera does a close up, it's like "Whoa!!!! Way too much makeup!!"

Contributor

I do agree all hosts are beautiful ...my comment is the makeup is not consistant on the late night hosts. Its just my opinion that I find it distracting and maybe the makeup artist could  tone it down a little. Been with QVC for 30 years and love all the hosts they do a great job.

Regular Contributor

szish.png

@ILLINOIS GIRL wrote:

Lately I have noticed some of the host makeup is extremely heavy especially at night. Having been in the business I do realize they must wear stage makeup for shooting and that it is done by a professional makeup artist. However some of the hosts are extreme with no blending of blush and their eyes are very overdone. I realize they wear lashes however some of the shadows are so dark it makes their eyes sunk in to their face. Even my husband commented and he doesn't really comment abbout anything. The hosts are beautiful and really don't need that much what do you think?

Katrina is the worse....I would/will not buy anything from her.  It's creepy.  ....now all the Szish lovers will attack  me.

Honored Contributor

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time.

We've read so many complaints about hosts manner of dress, hair color, hairstyle, speech, tone of voice, preening to the camera and on and on........

I guess it was only fair for makeup to have a turn.

Glad I don't watch QVC.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@AvalonRose  I agree...she wears way too much makeup..especially eye makeup and blush.  She's pretty enough without the need for all that make-up, IMHO.

Valued Contributor

I think KS wears her makeup for fashion.I think she is having fun. I agree that they look better with less.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I notice that some of the host's makeup is very shiny too ...."you can even say it glows".....or maybe too much of Balance-n-Glo....Woman LOL

My gripe is when they are doing a mascara demo and wearing false eyelashes QVC needs to disclose that .......most TV mascara commericials do that now! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I have been thinking that there is too much eye make up for a while now.  Pat D was looking like she has black eyes.  But have noticed that hers is not as heavy lately. 

I do think Ms Szish's eye make up makes her look like she got hit in her eyes. And her eyes are pretty, but they fade in all the black.