Frequent Contributor

Im very appreciative of the hosts sharing their sizes, models too, as girls this can be a sensisitive issue, but many of the hosts try on things in sizes that clearly dont fit them--this is not helpful and I cant imagine that off air they would chose the same size.  Im just saying, "Lets get real", wear the size you know will fit you and look good.

Honored Contributor

@baglady9    It's more like "lets get honest". Its not unusual for a host to state she's wearing the size she used to or wants to be.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Sometimes I get my best understanding of a piece of clothing when It doesn't fit the model or host perfectly!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts try on size

[ Edited ]

I don't understand what the big deal is. Some people like to wear clothing very close to the body, and some like it baggy. We all know what size we are. Why does anybody care what size the host wears?

If you are a similar body type to a particular host and it looks too small size up. 

Keep in mind when they tell us the size, they wear it is the QVC size. We all know they have vanity sizing. They might give a different answer if it was a different retailer. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Sometimes I get my best understanding of a piece of clothing when It doesn't fit the model or host perfectly!

OMG.. good point !!!

Esteemed Contributor

The other morning Pat and Caroline were selling women's cut NFL shirts.  Caroline's fit well but Pat's was snug.  She said "they" pulled me a large but I would be more comfortable in an extra large.  You may want to size up.  How refreshing.  

Respected Contributor

its a verrrry short list of female hosts that wear the appropriate size for their physique. Very short list indeed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts try on size

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

I don't understand what the big deal is. Some people like to wear clothing very close to the body, and some like it baggy. We all know what size we are. Why does anybody care what size the host wears?

If you are a similar body type to a particular host and it looks too small size up. 

Keep in mind when they tell us the size, they wear it is the QVC size. We all know they have vanity sizing. They might give a different answer if it was a different retailer. 

@manny2 

The problem is no one can trust QVC sizing because it's so inconsistent even within the same clothing line.  And you cant trust the CLICK HERE measurements on the website either, Ive had that experience too many times......Sadly, thats why people want to know what sizes the models are wearing so they can figure out where to go from there....

I can go to a Department Store try on a favorite brand in my regular size---perfect fit----I can trust those brands, but not QVC brands.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”