Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper That is also a great mystery series of books.

Honored Contributor

Who really cares what size someone is?

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  

Honored Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@vsm    No need to be so snarky. I think the poster has a valid point. There are two in particular who insist they are XSmall and they can't button a shirt or jacket . I notice Mary Beth and Caroline are accurate when they say their size. Not so much one older host with large hips who invariably MUST tell us what size she's wearing.

Apples to Oranges!

Again, what size they are wearing and what size WE think they Should wear are 2 different issues.

Respected Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

@vsm    No need to be so snarky. I think the poster has a valid point. There are two in particular who insist they are XSmall and they can't button a shirt or jacket . I notice Mary Beth and Caroline are accurate when they say their size. Not so much one older host with large hips who invariably MUST tell us what size she's wearing.

And why don't you believe Jane? I have just seen posts commenting on QVC's vanity sizing, and Jane says she wears a QVC small or medium on top and usually a size 8 on the bottom (a QVC small is a 6-8, and a QVC medium is a 10-12). Seems totally plausible to me. And of course she says what size she's wearing—they all do. You can argue all you want about whether you think the size she is wearing in a particular garment fits her well, but I can't think of one reason why she would lie about the QVC size she has on.

Trusted Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@zitawins wrote:

And why don't you believe Jane? I have just seen posts commenting on QVC's vanity sizing, and Jane says she wears a QVC small or medium on top and usually a size 8 on the bottom (a QVC small is a 6-8, and a QVC medium is a 10-12). Seems totally plausible to me. And of course she says what size she's wearing—they all do. You can argue all you want about whether you think the size she is wearing in a particular garment fits her well, but I can't think of one reason why she would lie about the QVC size she has on.

@jonbon I agree completely. I think people project onto others their own beliefs and practices. I wouldn't lie about my size, so I don't assume anyone else would either. 

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Love to Run 

I don't lie about my size either, but I do lie about my age!   HEEE !!!

Valued Contributor

@kindred cats I wish QVC would just drop the vanity sizing altogether and get real and consistent with their manufacturer sizes.  I remember the first time I ordered from HSN, I was like "ooops!" not realizing they stick to brick and mortar sizing.   Their sizing seems to be consistent too, and I don't have to go down two sizes and pretend to myself I am smaller than I am.  I also think they have far less "house brands" so it is easier to stick with B and M sizes, maybe Q should do the same too and edit how many lines they carry.

To the OP, there is one host in particular on Q who always notes she is xxs or xs and the clothes fit poorly and are tight on her most of the time. She is at least a 6 in the real world, and that is something that is great too btw.  I have said it before on these boards, but worth saying again; Isaac called her out right on air mid-presentation years ago and told her it (sweater) would look better if she sized up. He threw her off her game that day. He has repeated the sentiment since, even via Skype. And I think that is more impactful because he sees her on a screen like we do and his clothes don't look like they fit properly. There is another person that I do not believe at all she is an 8 or 10, but at the Q she is considered one. So if I am shaped like her (maybe) the garment will fit.

But Amy S or Courtney K are definitely xxs or xs it is obvious and I don't feel like they are bragging. And it important for the petites to know if those two wear the regular or the petite in an item.  I wish they had as many tall options as petite *sigh*.

Valued Contributor

Re: Hosts so petite & tiny

[ Edited ]

Another new name Sue said: "'ve never heard a host "gloat" or seem "proud" of their size. People are what they are. There are models and hosts of all sizes on QVC, and that's wonderful.  No one is gloating."

I have heard AS gloat about her size on numerous occassions, in fact, just the other day she did it again with reference to her bust size. Stating that the jacket being shown fit her and not the models and how happy she was that she wasn't busty like they were. Therefore, she could wear her normal size and the models had to go up a size. She kept laughing about it and modeling like she always does.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

@Love to Run wrote:

@bestday wrote:

Why do some of the hosts seem to gloat about how tiny & petite they are in comparison to the larger sized models. They don't say it in words, but you can tell they are so proud to be small when very often one knows they are being deceptive about their true size. I know one today is not an xsmall as she says & commented to the vendor "you wear an xxsmall don't you?" This after announcing the models' sizes of large & extra large. It's just the way it is said sometimes.

I hate to disappoint those particular hosts, but those plus sized & average sized models are more beautiful than they could ever be.

FYI I am not plus sized, but a medium. Just venting.

Wow! Talk about projecting. You seem to be obsessed with size.

That doesn't fit my comment at all & who is projecting? Is that a new word you've learned of late?

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts so petite & tiny

[ Edited ]

I don't believe all the hosts say what size they are wearing.  Case in point, I have never heard Sandra say what size she's wearing when she presents Susan Graver's clothing and she's obviously wearing the clothes, especially pants.

I actually grit my teeth and watched hoping she would say thinking maybe we are the similarly built.  Maybe we're not. Cat Frustrated