Super Contributor

Hosts so petite & tiny

[ Edited ]

Why do some of the hosts seem to gloat about how tiny & petite they are in comparison to the larger sized models. They don't say it in words, but you can tell they are so proud to be small when very often one knows they are being deceptive about their true size. I know one today is not an xsmall as she says & commented to the vendor "you wear an xxsmall don't you?" This after announcing the models' sizes of large & extra large. It's just the way it is said sometimes.

I hate to disappoint those particular hosts, but those plus sized & average sized models are more beautiful than they could ever be.

FYI I am not plus sized, but a medium. Just venting.

Respected Contributor

There are at least two hosts who claim to be either xsmall or xxsmall but it is obvious that they are not that size.  Like that joke made on the "Friends" show.  Monica says that the camera adds ten pounds on a person.  The guys then respond by saying how many cameras were on you.

Respected Contributor

I hear how you feel about it. And, yes, some of them really are XS, and some say they are, but don't seem to be.

But to me...if we make sure there's no shame in how we treat plus sizing, same goes for petites. However they seem to say it...it is what it is...they have to say their size and they are an xs. 🤷‍♀️ 

Not trying to convince you differently as I get what you are saying...just my own reaction to it.

Respected Contributor

Gosh, it has never been my impression that there is any subtext involved with telling people what sizes the models are wearing. In fact, several hosts comment frequently on how great the Large, or XL, OR 1X models look in the clothing they're showing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts so petite & tiny

[ Edited ]

Oh my...someone sounds so insecure she's willing to insult those who don't look like she does. I can only imagine the outrage and claims of body-shaming (we've seen it before) that would be spewed at anyone who dared say that "those petite sized & normal sized models are more beautiful than [the larger sized models] could ever be." Grow up already.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts so petite & tiny

[ Edited ]

@bestday   The hosts are to give the size they are wearing and the size the models are wearing.  There is certainly no gloating about it.  People complain if they don't give sizes that are being worn.  They are certanly not giving false information about the size they are wearing.  Yes, cameras on TV do add about 10 lbs so the hosts you are accusing of deception are smaller than they appear on the screen.

Some of us are petite and tiny, some are medium and average and some are larger.  That is the way it is.  Since you are medium , you fall in the average range, I fall in the petite/tiny range and believe me that has not always been a blessing in finding clothes that fit.

Honored Contributor

ALL of HSN's models are well nourished.

Super Contributor

@vsm I'm sorry but your post just doesn't make sense.

Honored Contributor

Even experienced retail sale people are often wrong when they attempt to guess what size I am.  Because I know how wrong they can be, I refuse to second-guess what anyone on TV claims to be.  

Respected Contributor

I've never heard a host "gloat" or seem "proud" of their size. People are what they are. There are models and hosts of all sizes on QVC, and that's wonderful.  No one is gloating.