Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts sales pitch

[ Edited ]

Some people suggested if we don't like a host to "just shop online" or "mute the presentation".  Here's an example of why those suggestions won't work and why many of us need to see and hear the presentations........

Valerie Parr Hill is selling a lovely wreath item # H215993 there are no dimensions listed on the website and that is what customers are asking for.  Now if you saw the presentation they said it was 22 inches but nothing on the website to indicate that. So if the presentation was muted or if you wanted to order you wouldnt have this info. Also if you saw and heard the presentation you also saw a demo of how to hang the wreath on the mirror, ordering from the website just doesn't hack it for me folks.  And this is just one example........................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

It's actually insulting to post a concern that shoppers are incapable of knowing whether or not they personally need an item being presented on a shopping channel, no matter how it's being described.  Why should I care if a sales person says they own everything they sell?  Most of us are able to realize the silliness in that.  I find it amusing.  Let them do their job and you do yours.  How about that?

So you never heard of "impulsive buyers" or "hoarders"?????????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

It's actually insulting to post a concern that shoppers are incapable of knowing whether or not they personally need an item being presented on a shopping channel, no matter how it's being described.  Why should I care if a sales person says they own everything they sell?  Most of us are able to realize the silliness in that.  I find it amusing.  Let them do their job and you do yours.  How about that?

I agree.  Their job is to sell.  If that includes exaggerating, pressuring, being silly, pretending to be our friends, saying anything they need to say to make a sale, or whatever, then have at it!  That's why they're on QVC in the first place.  What ultimately matters to them is making sales and making money. I'm sure most of us realize that.

Our job is to buy what we like within our means, make mature decisions re what's necessary and what's not, order luxury items that we feel are worth the price and don't cost more than we can afford, and indulge our desires in a moderate way.  If anyone is reckless with spending or sulks because they can't have everything they see, that's their problem and they should be smart enough to stay away from QVC where sales people for sure are going to use every sales tactic they can come up with.  That's their job!

There is no way that QVC is going to soften their approach because irresponsible adults have their feelings hurt for such a silly reason.  Nor should they.