Honored Contributor
Dave King and Mike Rowe were and are actors!
Respected Contributor
It’s none of my business how QVC pays their staff.
Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
It’s none of my business how QVC pays their staff.

@RollTide2008  exactly.......do we go into our doctors offices and ask the secretaries how much they make? do we go into our schools and ask the teacher how much he/she makes? do we walk into lowes and ask how much an associate makes? do we ask a plumber how much the company is paying them?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I think there's hardly any valid comparison between a little harmless wondering on these boards and going up to someone and asking them in person.  Unless David Venable is reading, I'd like to know what you make.

Honored Contributor
The OP isn't even asking what hosts make but mere wondering whether they are getting paid for something. What is everyone making such a big deal about?
Honored Contributor

My daughter wrote a major program for a company that sets the pay amount for just about everything.

I guarantee you the amount of money paid for everything is out there.

This is her last week at that job.  She does/did that for a living.

Honored Contributor

I would assume they get paid their contracted amount.  They aren't working when the reruns are on so don't see why they would get extra pay.  Also, if this  continues maybe that will be in their contracts in some way.

Esteemed Contributor

Actors began getting residuals because the owner of the program financially benefited from the syndication of the show.  The actors unions wanted a piece of that action.  

So, this is a little different.  QVC isn't selling the reruns to another company.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@lori q wrote:

By airing so many reruns they hire less hosts and save money. Qvc seems to be going downhill in quality and service but if they also are going to treat staff so poorly then I will find another place to shop.

@lori q   This thread seems to be going downhill. 

What a shock, huh?   That NEVER happens here.   LOL

Honored Contributor

I sincerely doubt it.  They are sales associate, they sell merchandise.  They aren't actors so they wouldn't get residuals....LOL   A lot of actors don't even get them now.  But it's nice of you to be so concerned for people who make as much money as they do.