Honored Contributor

Yes they are paid but they have contracts.  If you follow where they came from, probably they have people who represent them, just like movie and TV stars.

Most of them came from working in the TV industry previously.

So, I stay up late every night and always fall asleep with the TV on.

Most of the time now, the TSV is presented at midnight on the East Coast.  Then (also most of the time) that show is repeated over and over until 6:00AM sometimes 7:00AM.

BUT I was telling my friend I know it wasn't my imagination and I wish I'd paid more attention but over these 2 days I was watching QVC and it was during the day and I swear one of the presentations was being shown again.

I clicked on the changer thingy and up popped LIVE but I knew exactly what was going to be said.  Now I'm not psychic and most of the time I don't know which end is up....but it was really strange.

I can't explain it, I think someone made a mistake for a short time and was running a repeat.  It didn't last long (maybe someone caught the mistake).

I usually leave QVC on one of the TV's because otherwise the house is too quiet.  One TV is usually on at least one end of the house.

Honored Contributor

I think it is the customers business or anyone's business who wants to know. I doubt if something like that is not public info. One can find out a lot about peoples salaries, benefits, etc. online. Nothing is sacrosanct anymore. I would think these hosts fans would want to know everything about them. Also, AS, TC, and RD were actors before they came to the Q and acting is a huge part of what they do. JMO

Honored Contributor

Unless they're members of the Screen Actors Guild (which is a union for actors, tv screens and big screens), I seriously doubt that QVC hosts are paid residuals.

"SAG-AFTRA represents approximately 160,000 actors, announcers, broadcast journalists, dancers, DJs, news writers, news editors, program hosts, puppeteers, recording artists, singers, stunt performers, voiceover artists and other media professionals."

https://www.sagaftra.org/about

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@lori q What's your concern with what the hosts make?  That's their business.  They are not actors. 

New Contributor

By airing so many reruns they hire less hosts and save money. Qvc seems to be going downhill in quality and service but if they also are going to treat staff so poorly then I will find another place to shop.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sunshine45.  It's  important because we have so little about which we can discuss.  We're not speculating about figures or contract specifications, just generalizing.

in the grand scheme of things if anyone is wondering out loud if they get residuals then they ARE trying speculate about their contracts. on a scale of one to 10, the "importance" of this is a minus 100 for me. again, a contract is between the employee and the employer.

even though they MAY not be on quite as much as they were, they may be given other tasks or duties that make up for their on air time. oops, now i may be speculating. Smiley LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@lori q wrote:

By airing so many reruns they hire less hosts and save money. Qvc seems to be going downhill in quality and service but if they also are going to treat staff so poorly then I will find another place to shop.

@lori q   This thread seems to be going downhill. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts paid for reruns?

[ Edited ]

Ask all the questions you want about host salary, compensation and benefits.  It's your business to ask if you want to ask......

It's up to the moderators to decide if the question is inappropriate.

Don't let the self-appointed poster police dictate what you can discuss.

Personally, I doubt that they are compensated for the reruns on QVC, but  I would bet that David gets residuals for his appearances which were syndicated to DABL.

Honored Contributor

This would be great if they did. They're all clambering to be the midnight tsv host. LOL

Respected Contributor

Don't know.  Don't care.  Hosts are adults.  They can care for themselves.