Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts ordering during presentation

I think it's a tacky sales tactic. Just seems unprofessional and insincere to me. Sometimes it seems like they just say they want the color that isn't selling in order to get more sales for it. Lol, everything is so wonderful, yet it's obvious that certain hosts would never have such items!
Honored Contributor

@Catch71  If you think they really do this, you're guillable.  It's a cheap sales tactic.  Would you trust a casual co-worker with your credit card and/or PIN number so he could access your Q Account?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:
I think it's a tacky sales tactic. Just seems unprofessional and insincere to me. Sometimes it seems like they just say they want the color that isn't selling in order to get more sales for it. Lol, everything is so wonderful, yet it's obvious that certain hosts would never have such items!

Yes, I imagine the producer in their ear yelling push the yellow it's not moving !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I agree, it's tacky.   Luckily for me, all the hosts seem to wear an XXXXXS, so they don't buy my size before sellout.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

I agree, it's tacky.   Luckily for me, all the hosts seem to wear an XXXXXS, so they don't buy my size before sellout.  

pic

Trusted Contributor

Many years ago, QVC was selling a line of clothes and the vendor was on with the host.  Apparently the mikes were left on during a break and you could hear the vendor say, "The green is not selling.  Let's push the green."  It made me laugh.  By the way that vendor was gone not too long after that.

Respected Contributor

Lol, Jaspersmon, the hosts also used to say that they weren't supposed to shop for things before the customers had a chance.
Honored Contributor

"Jill explained that she had designed these bunnies."

"No reason she could not have ordered before the show started."

IF you believe a host or hostess is "ordering" something that "THEY DESIGNED," I have a bridge I want to sell ya.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@walker wrote:

I think it is all a sales tactic to generate more sales.  The hosts can order before the show if they really want an item.  They know what will be presented.  That said, if it is "legit", I would not care.

@walker Spot on. They aren't ordering anything. It's a sales tactic. They know what they are presenting and would buy in advance. 

Valued Contributor

I was showing my husband Lori's back stretcher device to see if he thought it might help his back and they ooowed & awed over the gold a few times, then he even noticed at the end when they paused on that gold and practically said in unison what they were saying about the gold! I never have Qvc on when he's home, so it was funny he noticed.