Occasional Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

Who has time to worry about this? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts number of followers on INSTAGRAM, does it help determine their status on-air????

Who has the inclination to care about this?  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Frequent Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Who has the inclination to care about this?  

Perhaps somebody who has posted 6,226 times?

Esteemed Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

Everyone on here should follow the delightful Julia Cearley. She can turn a frown upside down and such a light for us in a hard year

@BirkiLady 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@kurious wrote:

With Facebook fading and Instagram moving to the forefront of Social Media, please notice the amount of followers each host has on Instagram.  
It's no surprise that the Q elevates David Venable, Shawn,  and Jane Rudolph Treacy to "primier status". 
Of course, sales productivity matters as well.  
It's really quite obvious why we see the focus on the select few.  

I seriously doubt Facebook is fading. 

@San Antonio Gal 

I dont think Facebook is "fading", but Facebook did lose 1 million active users in 2019 in the U.S. and Canada and in 2020 they lost another million users (despite the Covid lockdown) some cited privacy, user fatigue and competition from other platforms--Instagram and TikTok ......But outside the U.S. and Canada they did gain users......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I'm kind of surprised that the numbers are so low. I see every day self-made social media "stars" saying they have way more than that. I think that goes to show that the social media crowd is NOT the QVC audience. 

@Lisa now in AZ 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Why does this matter?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@kurious FB is not "fading"! I don't follow any hosts and reallly don't care if they are on FB or IG.

@Love my grandkids FB is definitely fading among users 18-29. More of them are now on IG and this is the growing demographic.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Kids call Facebook  Grandmothersbook.  Instramgram accounts have been known to be fabricated, many set account up and never use it so numbers can be skewed. Why would I follow a salesperson?  

FB accounts are also known to be fabricated.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

I thought for sure Kerstin would have more than she did, since guys are always commenting on them. I guess her "interesting" photos aren't as provocative as she thought.