Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts mispronouncing on Irish shows

I'd be thrilled if the hosts could pronounce " important " correctly.

Valued Contributor

If it were me doing their job, I would look over all the product cards and make sure I knew all the pronunciations of all products before going on the air. They get paid well enough I'm sure. 

Respected Contributor

Shawn frequently uses verbs and adjectives incorrectly. Never fails to amaze me.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624    I agree.  There are several hosts who can't pronounce the simplest of things.  It's cringeworthy

One that I know can never get the colors correct, and she has a card but can't seem to match the color to the name.  Duh.  ALWAYS has to ask the vendor for help.

Respected Contributor

Many of the hosts and vendors pronounce Button as Butt in. Not sure if it is a regional thing.

Frequent Contributor

Rosina seemed to do zero prep and it showed.

I've said before I thought this group of new hosts was, by far, the weakest QVC has brought in.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Rosina was the host who was on maternity leave this year she was unprepared and just terrible on a regular jewelry show about a year ago. 

I can only remember one of her missteps from that show.  She pronounced peridot as per i DOT.  Like the word dot.  The embarrassed/angry vendor gently corrected her.

I guess there's no training on five basic semi-precious gems that you're selling to 100 million households. 

Honored Contributor

Shawn is the absolute worst !!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

Many of the hosts and vendors pronounce Button as Butt in. Not sure if it is a regional thing.

It's the British pronunciation. (but we're not in G.Britain)

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, Rosina was a train wreck on that Irish show!   As much as people seem to not like Jane Treacy, she is the best host for those shows.   As least she has some experience and education of Ireland.