Respected Contributor

Hosts doing their own make-up and hai

Amy's hair and make-up looked gorgeous tonight.  Every time I see a host now, I can't help but notice that they look 100% better doing their own make-up and hair.  The make-up artists on the show must think it is still 1980 as everything is heavily applied, and they look so much older and dated than they are.  I was so shocked when I saw Antonella without those black rings around her eyes, what a difference, she looked so much softer and younger.  When things get back to "normal" I hope the make-up artists will keep this up and not apply everything so thick and heavy and so very aging.  I find that the older I get, the less make-up I use.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts doing their own make-up and hai

I agree!  They look better!

Valued Contributor

Prettier without all that makeup on!

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

The hosts must have been able to say "No" to all that makeup. Maybe that's what they preferred or they would have asked for it to be lightened up. I don't think this new and improved look is permanent. Hosts don't read here or really care what we think about their makeup. It's wasted breath. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious to see how Mary Beth looks when she gets back from her time off because she's another one on whom they plaster the makeup so heavily, especially her eyes. Bet she'll look years younger. 

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I'm curious to see how Mary Beth looks when she gets back from her time off because she's another one on whom they plaster the makeup so heavily, especially her eyesdha. Bet she'll look years younger. 

shaggygirl:  ITA.  Mary Beth wears that horrible black eyeliner all around her eyes and it looks just awful.

Super Contributor

I wonder if they can get away with saying NO. Maybe some of the hosts who've been around longer but I doubt the new ones want to chance it. Also, I would think the models would say no to being put into garments that are a size too small as some of the stylists do. I sure don't understand that because it doesn't make me want to buy an item that I can't see how it should fit   I imagine the corporate bigwigs establish policies ( like most places) and employees have to go along or quit. 

New Contributor

Love her in the wig she is wearing on Saturday show.  Now someone help Antonellea with that blonde hair!

Honored Contributor

No matter what you are told,do you REALLY think that they are doing their own hair and make-up?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate