Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts, Vendors and Bronzing

I agree about all the self tanner.  The other day Kerstin looked such a strange color, like a brownish orange. No one is that color unless really ill.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

I don't think it looks good on anyone. And I don't understand why people are not just content with their natural color. I love seeing people in their "OWN" skin. It looks so much better than skin color out of a container.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Super Contributor

I think the bronzing on most of the female hosts is awful. I'm not sure how they realize how fake they look. Shawn is the worse. She over does it buy I think most of the younger female hosts all overdo it. Also it's over done with the makeup and false eyelashes. The only almost natural one is Sandra Bennett. 

Sandra, thanks for not overdoing the bronzer and not wearing fake eyelashes 

Valued Contributor

@SamBrown  That's not true. I use self tanners all the time.It depends on which one you use and your own skin color. I only get compliments and people are always asking me if I went on vacation. When I come back from Vacation I use them to extend my Tan. I use Laura Geller bronzers for my face and sometimes on my arms and legs.They give just enough color during the winter months to not have that white pastey look

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352  I agree completely.  There are those who feel a need to look like a RHONJ oompa loompa, and then someone like me who uses TanLuxe tanning mousse and it looks incredibly natural. I am light to almost light med complexion with freckles and my legs never tan. I use this most of the year round and it is literally the only thing that tans my legs. I do not apply it every single day just enough to keep a color.  And on my face LG is great, Hoola, Mally contour stick, and Deck of Scarlet spray bronzer. Each has a specific time of year (powders spring summer/humidity the rest for fall and winter).  

But hosts, need to be consistent, they have to do their hands or arms.  They look like a different skin tone when they don't do their neck and dec, arms and hands.  Some of them do not go through the paces properly and it just looks so bad.

I like to self tan and or bronze because of bruises, scars, vericose veins and in general so I don't feel self conscious. People can go overboard and there is a long list at QVC of those that need to cut back and lighten up, but the ladies like Mary, Mary Beth, and Sandra rarely bronze or at least subtly know how to do it without overdoing it.

Honored Contributor

Shawn, Kirstin and Amy are the worst....What is wrong with your natural color?

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Do you use make-up?

What's wrong with your natural face?

Same difference.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I agree about all the self tanner.  The other day Kerstin looked such a strange color, like a brownish orange. No one is that color unless really ill.

I think she is the worst offender.

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Do you use make-up?

What's wrong with your natural face?

Same difference.

@BoopOMatic No, it isn't makeup should be about enhancing your features, not changing them, bronzing is changing your entire skin color! Especially with the way those ladies do it. I have seen some women use bronzer and it looks nice, but over doing it makes you look like your are tyring too hard to change your skin color.....

Honored Contributor

I am actually speaking more towards Self Tanning than Bronzing, although I do think some of them also go overboard on the bronzing as well.