Honored Contributor

Hosts/Vendor Singing and Dance Routines

WHY???? I am not here to be entertained.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts/Vendor Singing and Dance Routines

@rms1954 Sorry you are annoyed; I think a little entertainment is a good thing.  

Respected Contributor

Alberti actually has a nice singing voice. As for the rest of them, I would say don't quit your day job.

Respected Contributor

Its pretty clear Q execs thinks laughing, singing, wine-drinking hosts is "fun" . 

Respected Contributor

I enjoy some fun/entertainment.  I like to see people happy and having fun.  Breaks up the commercial aspect of the programs.

Valued Contributor

@KathyM23 I don't mind anyone having fun on the job, but drinking wine on the job is a bit much. If QVC is providing it maybe they should consider giving the customers a break and pay shipping costs on all their products all the time while their hosts enjoy their wine.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I agree. I have no desire to watch the antics, hear personal stories, or be entertained. I want ALL the details about the products. 

If you read any of Q's financial reports or calls with investors, you'll hear the CEO talk about how they want hosts to entertain viewers. That makes it a quick channel changer for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it irratating...so I don't even turn it on for background noise when I am cleaning or cooking

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

I agree. I have no desire to watch the antics, hear personal stories, or be entertained. I want ALL the details about the products. 

If you read any of Q's financial reports or calls with investors, you'll hear the CEO talk about how they want hosts to entertain viewers. That makes it a quick channel changer for me.

the reports also tell us sales and generally down they have no clue what do to fix it so "lets add booze and dancing to get sales"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rarely watch but by so many posts it is apparent that many do watch excessively all day and even  night so being entertained by hosts and vendors having fun seems a good thing so boredom doesn't cause potential customers to change channels!!  I actually think that it does break the monotany for both the workers and customers.  I also would guess that stats would show that sales do go up because of it.  I might linger to watch the fun and have ordered items because I stopped to watch the fun!

Also, there probably is no real wine being served!