Contributor

Hosts Using Self Tanner Products

[ Edited ]

I was under the impression that self tanners had come a long way and were no longer Oompa Loompa Orange and streaky.

I've noticed in the past 2 weeks two hosts who have orange palms and knuckles, when there is a zoomed in shot of the hands showing product details, it looks terrible. They all come with basic instructions to "wash your hands after use".

Today one of these hosts still had orange palms & knuckles and then she was wearing the Koolaburra furry slides TSV and I couldn't believe my eyes! Her feet were just awful, very dark orange- brown with missed areas and white heels.

This is an unattractive distraction on a host or model. I'm not picking on them or naming them, but it comes off as unprofessional and imho their natural skin tone or a powdered body bronzer would be 100X better.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Using Self Tanner Products

@RetailTherapy31 I remember a time within the last 18 months or so, I tuned in to a jewelry presentation. Antonella was the host and she WAS orange. It  looked horrible, like she'd glow in the dark. Even the palms of her hands were that color.

She even made a comment about it that she had overdone it. It was kind of funny but looked really bad.

Honored Contributor

@RetailTherapy31.  Apparently the amazing, revolutionary new tanning products haven't made it to QVC where orange is in.  Of all the places, you'd think they could do it correctly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I gave up on self-tanners years ago.  Too hard to get it on evenly, and that smell.  I do have some Westmore Beauty cream that I will put on my upper arms on the rare event that I will wear short sleeves just to try to blend in my farmer tan.  Even that is difficult to get on evenly with so splotchiness or streaking, but at least it doesn't stink and I think it isn't obvious.  

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Icegoddess I gave up a long time ago as well, never found one that didn't stink and they are too much bother. A professional spray tan might look good but nothing that you apply with your hand or a mit.

Honored Contributor

I have tried some really expensive ones and some cheap ones at the insistence of my DIL, who uses them (like me, she has fair skin and flaws show easily).  She told me about Jergens.  I thought I was going to look like a clown.  Best faux tan I ever had.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do not see orange even though it's obvious gloves were not worn for application of most products.  I have used many products that gave me a wonderful tan base and got so many compliments on but Jergens was one that had the real blotchy orange glow when I tried it and when seeing it on others!  I have yet to see anyone who raves about it not look blotchy!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I do not see orange even though it's obvious gloves were not worn for application of most products.  I have used many products that gave me a wonderful tan base and got so many compliments on but Jergens was one that had the real blotchy orange glow when I tried it and when seeing it on others!  I have yet to see anyone who raves about it not look blotchy!

@Pook 

As with any tanning product, you must not have dry skin and you should have exfoliate skin and use lotion and skin must not be perfectly dry.  I have every reason to have blotchy skin with a tanning product but I don't with Jergens.  Maybe it is all in the way one does it.  But I don't look blotchy and I don't look orange.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.