Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts/Models wearing clothes too small

[ Edited ]

This has been a long time issue with 
QVC---Tight clothes are not flattering, and certainly don't entice viewers to buy.....  I remember awhile back where a host said that the stylist told her that clothes worn close to the body are slenderizing, but nothing can be further from the truth....clothes that FIT WELL make one look their best!  I think the problem is with the stylist.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whenever I hear a host say, "I am wearing an extra extra small_" and the seams are bursting, I always think in my head, "yeah, you're wearing it, but what size do you need."

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  @wild_cherokee_rose  I just looked at the newest video from BeautyYouTuber, Dominique Sachse, and it is 'How to Look 10 Lbs Thinner'. The first thing she mentioned is to Not wear clothing that is too tight! Just what you were saying, Spurt. 👍 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Frequent Contributor

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@Spurt  @wild_cherokee_rose  I just looked at the newest video from BeautyYouTuber, Dominique Sachse, and it is 'How to Look 10 Lbs Thinner'. The first thing she mentioned is to Not wear clothing that is too tight! Just what you were saying, Spurt. 👍 

I agree with this! Clothing that fits too tight just makes someone look bigger and fatter than if they just wore a larger size. Clothing that is too tight is ill-fitting and is never a good look.

Highlighted
Contributor

I am a plus size model.  It seems to me that the stylists put the plus size models in clothing that is at least one size too small.  There are many times I simply won't buy the clothing because I don't like the way the style looks on the plus size model....24/7 pants pulling everywhere on the leg, stretch jeans doing the same thing and seeing bulges in the back on the tops they are modeling.  I don't think I've ever seen a model in size 20 or larger size top/pant.  If I'm wrong, I do apologize.  These plus size models have beautiful curvy shapes  and should be portrayed as such by wearing clothing that fits properly and not so tight!!!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love2QIM wrote:

I am a plus size model.  It seems to me that the stylists put the plus size models in clothing that is at least one size too small.  There are many times I simply won't buy the clothing because I don't like the way the style looks on the plus size model....24/7 pants pulling everywhere on the leg, stretch jeans doing the same thing and seeing bulges in the back on the tops they are modeling.  I don't think I've ever seen a model in size 20 or larger size top/pant.  If I'm wrong, I do apologize.  These plus size models have beautiful curvy shapes  and should be portrayed as such by wearing clothing that fits properly and not so tight!!!

I think that they put all of their plus sized models into a size 1X, irregardless of whether or not that size in that article of clothing fits appropriately or not. It is a disservice to the model, the clothing, and the customer.

Respected Contributor

@Love2QIM Thank you for your perspective as a model. There are times when the tops are so small that they just squashed the poor model's chest. I did see a model in a 2X one time maybe two months ago, but not since. 

Honored Contributor

Skin tight pants and spike heels ... the "roving hostess" look!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every so often when I'm up around Madison Avenue - I'll see some of the younger guys (30s?) wearing those tight suits. 

Honestly - their pants look like leggings!

---------------------------

@Jaspersmom wrote:

It's a look.  One of our male local newscasters had a suit on the other day that looked three sizes too small.  I think he thought he looked cool.  LOL.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Foxxee @where do you shop that 3/4 of everything doesn’t have spandex in it?   I know LLB does a lot of 100% cotton but lots of their styles are not me.

@millieshops 

My point was QVC uses too much.  Have you ever watched how often hosts and vendors stretch the fabric over a foot?  Who needs that much?  Models and hosts couldn't fit into such small sizes without that much spandex stretch.

I prefer no spandex, but do accept up to 2%.  

I find clothing without a lot or no spandex at many places.