Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

And oddly enough, a day after the wholesale firings, the Meet Our Hosts page has not been updated... Woman Surprised

The entire episode has been handled rather poorly by QVC. From the abrupt shutdown of QVC2 to the dismissals.  I read on another thread that even a vendor was not informed that his show would not go on.  Very sloppy indeed.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts Leaving?

[ Edited ]

I wonder how they chose who to let go?  Seniority obviously meant nothing.  Nor professionalism.  Sales figures?  Maybe they cut the higher salaried ones?  I feel bad for them.  I always liked Antonella - she was the best at the jewelry shows.  Gabrielle and Stacey were always very professional - good at their jobs.  Oh well...

Valued Contributor

With the pandemic my husband was laid off, so I haven’t watched QVC for months.  I cannot afford the spending.  I still get some ADs but that is all.

It is sad that the horse hosts are gone.  I really liked  Antonella and Stacey.

Super Contributor

could you put a list of all the hosts names that are leaving. thanks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

I'm sympathetic to anyone without a job right now, don't get me wrong, but I watch QVC solely for the products. Why do so many posters care who comes and goes? I get the sense that some people really need to step back and realize the host, vendors, models aren't your friends or family. They're people on TV.

I learned thirty years ago in my career that no one is irreplaceable.

@Etoile308 

I totally agree with you....as much as QVC pushes it, in reality, the hosts aren't our friends.....

Why do viewers care who comes and goes? Because some hosts do a better job than others presenting the products---Some make sure the viewer gets product details and important information, while others focus the show on themselves & their families, and not much at all about the product, except colors Woman Frustrated....  And others seem bored and disinterested in their job.....  Thats why viewers care who stays and who goes....  Some hosts make the shows watchable, while others don't (and we turn the channel = less sales for QVC too)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

And oddly enough, a day after the wholesale firings, the Meet Our Hosts page has not been updated... Woman Surprised

@handygal2 

I wondered the same thing, perhaps the Tech folks are just busy....or does this mean ...... (as Johnny Carson's Show used to say....."more to come")

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tarytoo wrote:

could you put a list of all the hosts names that are leaving. thanks.

@tarytoo 

Stacey

Gabrielle

Antonella

Kristine Zell (corrected thanks to the heads up from   @queen75  I dont know what I was thinking)... Woman LOL

Super Contributor

thanks. i didn't know who they were. 

Honored Contributor

I think the current situation with the virus raging and the economy tanking, and the HORRIBLE state of our nation is a huge reson for the purging of many things---if you can't make money from something, you shave it down to the bare miniums. and this will be the new normal for many years----for many businesses. the hosts need to move on to find some way  to take care of their families and QVC needs ways to take care of their bottom line----am not buying much from the Q these past few years as their shipping and processing orders and then the returns are so ridiculously long----they have to buck up and get with the program.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2 

I wondered the same thing, perhaps the Tech folks are just busy....or does this mean ...... (as Johnny Carson's Show used to say....."more to come")

@Spurt : Good point. It's STILL not updated. Hmmmm....

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~