Occasional Contributor

What is the deal with so many hosts leaving?  The products on QVC seem cheap to me these days (since they took over HSN).  Is the pandemic hurting QVC in the $ department?  Everybody has their favorites, I guess, but most of the hosts I will watch are gone or leaving.  Sad.

Honored Contributor

@0516 Don't be naive. They are not choosing to leave, they have been shown the door. I don't get attached to any of them but I would miss David. Wouldn't miss Jane T. for sure.

Respected Contributor

I just saw on Facebook that Antonella is leaving. QVC is certainly turning over the old guard. I don't watch that much anymore...and certainly during these times, haven't needed or ordered much, other than food in the beginning of shutdown. Oh well...everything changes.

Respected Contributor

I'm sympathetic to anyone without a job right now, don't get me wrong, but I watch QVC solely for the products. Why do so many posters care who comes and goes? I get the sense that some people really need to step back and realize the host, vendors, models aren't your friends or family. They're people on TV.

I learned thirty years ago in my career that no one is irreplaceable.

Regular Contributor

I hate to say this but I've been watching HSN more than QVC lately and I kind of like their hosts better. They're fun but not overly silly. I just like their demeanor better. I do admit I would miss David but I've kinda had it with the rest.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts Leaving?

[ Edited ]

Cleaning house ... clearance items and hosts.  I think they were given the boot.  Don't know what they based their choices on.  I will miss Antonella but she was rarely on lately.  I just hope my favs will stay.

All their FB posts start the same way.  Sounded generic or like maybe they were coached.  Very impersonal and lacked genuine feeling.

Esteemed Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

I'm sympathetic to anyone without a job right now, don't get me wrong, but I watch QVC solely for the products. Why do so many posters care who comes and goes? I get the sense that some people really need to step back and realize the host, vendors, models aren't your friends or family. They're people on TV.

I learned thirty years ago in my career that no one is irreplaceable.

I can't speak for all posters, but some of us have been watching The Q for years, and having done so, connected with the hosts we favored. It is part of the human experience to miss that which is familiar, and is suddenly taken away. They are not family, nor personal friends, but they are familiar.😁

How wonderful it is to have freedom of choice in how we experience our entertainment.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor
@Etoile308 I am going to answer your question but I am borrowing my response from another poster. I dont remember who it was or I would give them the credit.
Viewers get attached to hosts because they see them from their first days, watch them develop and improve, see them get married, have children, etc.
I thought that was a really good explanation why viewers are fiercely loyal to their favorites.
I think the same theory might apply to soap opera characters, a favorite singer or band or an actor/actress.
Honored Contributor

And oddly enough, a day after the wholesale firings, the Meet Our Hosts page has not been updated... Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor
I'm just disappointed that after 18 years Antonella is gone, I certainly hope she chose to leave, I'd hate to think some of the newer hosts were chosen over her. Smh so disappointed.