Highlighted
Contributor
Kirsten mentioned this in a livestream. She said that the hair and makeup people were let go during the pandemic and they are not bringing them back. She said you'd think a network tv show would want professional hair and makeup people but the are gone.

I agree with her. How does that help sales to have hosts who do not look well put together? (Not their fault.) Doesn't seem like a smart thing to skimp on.
Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts’ Hair Stylists

[ Edited ]

@Carolina925 wrote:

As @icezeus mentioned, I too believe the stylists have returned. I'm not sure what's going on with Shawn's hair, I really liked it better when it was short, but I can understand she wanted a change. Her hair is pretty, IMO, but I have to admit that sometimes when she moves the hair out of her face, I do the same thing to mine Woman LOL

@Carolina925 

When the Calista vendor styles hosts hair its the same way---strands of hair that hang down into the hosts eyes and its very distracting for viewers because the hosts continuously push the hair away.  I think thats where the host's hair style ideas come from.....not a fan of calista tools

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I could be mistaken but I think they all got their stylists and makeup people back.  

That's what I thought.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@maximillian wrote:

Okay, that explains why Shawn has her hair falling in front of her face and glasses every 20 seconds.  She needs a good stylist.   She may be many things to many people, but a hair stylist is not one of them.

Have you seen Jen C lately.  Earlier tonight she was on.  Looked like she didn't even run a brush or comb thru it.

Jen C is too busy admiring her behind to do her hair. LOL

She has to admire it cuz no one else is.  

Honored Contributor

@dbanimated wrote:
Kirsten mentioned this in a livestream. She said that the hair and makeup people were let go during the pandemic and they are not bringing them back. She said you'd think a network tv show would want professional hair and makeup people but the are gone.

I agree with her. How does that help sales to have hosts who do not look well put together? (Not their fault.) Doesn't seem like a smart thing to skimp on.

There's no reason the hosts have to go on air with hair looking like they can't even put a brush thru it.  Kerstin's hair always looks amazing.  Jen should have at least put her hair in a pony tail ... it's long enough.  I wonder what they do when they are not on air????

Contributor

Jane T.  just mentioned the other night that they do their own hair and makeup. Not sure which show she was doing when she said that though. 

Contributor

They were not brought back.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954  - Agree about Kerstin.  She's always pulled together whether dressed up or down.  Her hair is always styled to perfection.  Never a sloppy day for Kerstin.

Respected Contributor

If the hosts are doing their own hair and make up, more power to them.  I've never thought they looked bad. Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts’ Hair Stylists

[ Edited ]

@Carolina925 wrote:

As @icezeus mentioned, I too believe the stylists have returned. I'm not sure what's going on with Shawn's hair, I really liked it better when it was short, but I can understand she wanted a change. Her hair is pretty, IMO, but I have to admit that sometimes when she moves the hair out of her face, I do the same thing to mine Woman LOL

@Carolina925 

No, I did not say that. (smile)