Super Contributor

Hosts Coming Off Their Shift

I used to think it was my imagination but after this past week, I don't think so.  Has anyone noticed hosts taking off like a shot when their shift ends?  Imagine a host being joined by the host about to take over for them.  In many instances, I have noticed certain hosts being in a big hurry to get off air even when they are expected to transition briefly with the next host.  I find that so rude and it looks like they can't wait to get away from their job.  Now I know everyone likes to go home but don't make it that obvious. I saw it again this evening and it doesn't seem right.  Be a bit more discreet.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts Coming Off Their Shift

In answer to your question, no, I never noticed.  I do know that they are all there for at least an hour or more BEFORE they take over a show.  They probably work much more than 8 hour days.

That being said, when my shift was over, unless there was something dire to report, one has only to see the skid marks I left as I exited to know what I did.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

When I worked I was out the door at 4:00. Not a minute longer. I owed the company 8 hours and no more.

Respected Contributor

@Elizabeth03 I noticed this for the first time Monday. Toward the end of the Dennis bassi show Amy announced that she could go home. With that...poof she was gone!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Franklinbell wrote:

@Elizabeth03 I noticed this for the first time Monday. Toward the end of the Dennis bassi show Amy announced that she could go home. With that...poof she was gone!

Bingo!  The biggest culprit.  She was expected to work with the host initially showing Dennis Basso coat.  You could see she didnt want to be there and was looking for a way to get off set.  It appeared rude.  I have worked for  40 years.  I know what its like to want to go home.  Thats not my point.  Its how you do it in front of a huge home audience that makes the difference  You should not be that obvious.  She did it again tonight.  This time literally running off the set.

Respected Contributor

@Elizabeth03 I understand. Admittedly I thought it was odd. I get when your ready to get off from work your ready to go but gosh....that was different!

Respected Contributor

@Elizabeth03 tell you what,when both shifts of my jobs are over,yes,I exit out fast.im sure hosts have things to do at home like myself

Esteemed Contributor

@Elizabeth03 wrote:

@Franklinbell wrote:

Bingo!  The biggest culprit.  She was expected to work with the host initially showing Dennis Basso coat.  You could see she didnt want to be there and was looking for a way to get off set.  It appeared rude.  I have worked for  40 years.  I know what its like to want to go home.  Thats not my point.  Its how you do it in front of a huge home audience that makes the difference  You should not be that obvious.  She did it again tonight.  This time literally running off the set.

@Elizabeth03 @Franklinbell 

Then you missed what she said. She was over her time, she had just stayed to act goofy with Dennis and Shawn. She had been off for I believe 20 minutes or so, and she said basically she needed to go home. 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Elizabeth03 tell you what,when both shifts of my jobs are over,yes,I exit out fast.im sure hosts have things to do at home like myself

@Luvsmyfam     Oh yeah!    I got out the door before someone asked me to sub on the next shift for someone who didn't show up !!!!!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Like many people, they don't want to stay at work any longer than necessary.  It's called "work" for a reason.  Smiley Sad