Respected Contributor

@TheAdventurer

Perhaps no one read them!  I know I never did. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts’ Blogs?

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

IMO a few of the hosts were using the blogs to further their own cause or that of their family members and the Q put the kybash to that. The hosts can pretty much say and post what they want on Facebook and Instagram and the Q doesn't have to worry about the customers calling Mike George and complaining about what the hosts are sharing on the Blogs.

@blackhole99    The hosts' FB pages are owned/operated by QVC.  That's why when a host leaves QVC, their QVC FB page comes down, and they have to create a new FB page of their own.  On FB they share much more -- with the approval of QVC  -- than they have ever shared on this Forum.

FB and IG are huge marketing tools for QVC, so pushing the hosts to post 100% there makes perfect business sense to me.  QVC gets nearly 3 million Likes to their FB page.  David Venable gets 475,000; Jane Treacy gets 117,000; Carolyn Gracie gets 129,000, etc.  Makes sense the hosts post there and on Instagram because that's where the majority of customers and potential customers are.

Since QVC is intiating so many changes for 2019, they might as well do the obvious and rename the Blogs forum here as the Sweepstakes forum.

Regular Contributor

If you try to view their fb page a banner pops up, covering most of the page asking you to join or sign in.  There is no option to close it.  I think it is lazy of QVC to limit their hosts' contacts to fb, QVC can rely on fb to promote things and save their own time.  Too bad for us old cutomers left out, who do not choose to share our information with fb or other social media.