Honored Contributor

Host currently (12:27pm EDT) sounds desperate for you to buy what she's selling.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host sounds desperate!

[ Edited ]

Everyone is desperate, including this host currently on air.  (Check the program guide if you're that interested but not watching.)

First quarter financial results were quite awful.  Everything is working against them.

All the hosts are probably incentivized to really amp it up.

Respected Contributor
I don’t know what host u were talking about. Next time name the name for people that weren’t watching.,
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to save money like most people these days. Shopping channels clothes are too expensive. I've decided not to buy for awhile, sticking close to home and stores here, and looking for sales.

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC  Everyone has a different price point that they are comfortable with spending. I am trying to fill in clothes for summer and I was shopping around this week. I find QVC prices comparable or sometimes lower than what I saw available. I just think people are buying less because they are not out and about as much as before 2020.

Honored Contributor

Yep, ever since the last quarter results, all of the hosts have been demonstrably pushy with the buy multiples right this very minute hyper sales pitch.  Even more than the usual hard sell tactics.

It all makes them look so desperate, but I guess it really is desperate times for them.

Esteemed Contributor

Q's prices are way too high, especially when combined with s/h on each item. Crazy slow shipping and computer glitches on top of that and I'm out.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA    I assume Pat is still hosting.   She was just being Pat for the entire first hour, no desperation at all.  Or has someone else stepped in to replace her?

Esteemed Contributor

Tag Team Hosting in play.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you hear Kerstin get into her storytelling and shamelessly bash Juicy Couture sweatpants?  Smiley Very Happy

She's trying to make a strong case to buy Barefoot Dreams instead.  But is she that career-shallow that she doesn't remember QVC carries Juicy Couture?  The BD vendor seemed a little uncomfortable.