Respected Contributor

@@KKlim wrote:
@wakefield64.. I’m watching Rachel also. Pushy w/the BD TSV tonite . Giving every ridiculous reason why every one needs to buy at least 1, if not multiples. Lol

@KKlim  She really needs to take it down a notch.....does sound kind of desperate or at least pushy...

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I was watching Denim and Co. this morning and I heard Carolyn state that she bought ALL colors in the seersucker shorts.  I think there were at least 6 colors.  She has every right to do that, assuming she is telling the truth.  But if she is telling the truth, it seems like bragging to me, or she has a shopping addiction.  Plus, I don't need to know that and it does not influence whether I buy them or not.  If she is lying, or saying it because her producer told her to, well then shame on her.

There are a lot of people on these forums (that if you believe them) have shopping addictions.  They have almost everything someone talks about.  I wonder where they go to wear it because they are on these forums day in and day out.  When do they eat?  Sleep, whatever?  LOL.  Thanks for the laugh @Puppy Lips 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I had the tv on during the BD show this morning with Jayne.  She was going on and on about what a great price this one top was.  It was reduced down to $95.00 and suggested getting more than one.  Right, Jayne, what a deal!  Are these hosts that out of touch with reality?  Sure, there are those for which money is no object but for the 

majority of shoppers these prices are out of reach.

Esteemed Contributor

So tired of Courtney's "buy more than one".  I was looking at tee shirts & they are all $42+, add s&h & tax and they are almost $50.  Host also get 30% off.

Respected Contributor

What they've all been doing/saying lately that bugs me is the " put it in your cart" or "if it's in your cart - check out!"  GMAB.  Desperation for sure.They could all be on the bubble or worse if they don't sell.

And yeah the buy more than one push.  Ridic.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host sounds desperate!

[ Edited ]

@KKlim   @wakefield64   I turned over when a commercial was on the show I was watching and could not believe how Rachel was carrying on with Susan.  She is so loud, fake and dramatic.......yes, so desperate.  I absolutely cannot watch her.

Respected Contributor

Years and years ago, the hosts got 50% off.  It seems to have changed. 

What hasn't changed is that the hosts get items to try and keep well before they present it. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor
I watched Kim and Rachel this weekend. I hope Courtney returns
Respected Contributor
@Patriot3... I totally agree w/ u!
Esteemed Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@Puppy Lips   I doubt very much that Carolyn would be lying to say she bought multiples.  She does not strike me as a dishonest person.  If I find something I like that fits into my type of clothing, I also buy mutiples.  I have many times bought all or most colors of an item.  And I am not shopping addicted nor bragging, just buying what I know I am going to like and get use out of.  Carolyn as an employee I am sure gets a discount on purchases, so the prices for her would be better than shopping elsewhere and I am sure she often buys multiples of items that fit her llfestyle.

For instance in D&C last year I bought all colors of the daisy pants except the navy/red.  This year I bought the new color - brown/aqua.  In a floral capri last year I bought every color 3 and this year I bought the new color khaki/stone.  I love both of these items and am glad I bought them.  Perhaps if another color is offered next year, I may buy it.

The brands I buy multiples of are usually D&C and Susan Graver.  I just bought all 4 colors of SG liquid Knit print capris.  Love them, they will be my one of my go to items for this summer.  Have already worn 2 of them and it isn't even very warm yet.

@KathyM23 Actually, I buy mutiples of clothing too, because if I like it, I like to have more than one color.  But I would just buy two, not all of them!  But to each their own.  It just seems that Carolyn, more than any other host, tells her "audience" about all the clothes she has purchased.  It just seems a bit excessive to me, to the point that it seems she is starting over with an empty closet each season.  I am not bashing her and I am sure she can afford it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead